No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Hood brothers I have relisted my target in the clasifed section. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...22#post3622822

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
      Hey Hood brothers I have relisted my target in the clasifed section. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...22#post3622822
      Surprised you haven't had a taker already. Not much time for me to shoot lately, and when I do, it is like a Force 5 tornado outside, minus the rain of course.

Comment

Quick questions for the Brain Trust. I need to mark my feeder pen locations , do all GPS handheld units give the MGRS coordinates ? I only need it one time and hate to spend a lot of money on one . Googled MGRS and there is a convertor , I pulled up google earth and zoomed in on my pens and pulled the lat and lon , did the conversion . Would that be close enough since my areas never seem to be open when I am able to go ? Would also save me the drive with gas at $3.59 in austin.

Comment

Tim I hear you, The wife had all of the rags laying around and I really did not need another target but had 5 garbage bags full of rags so I figured if I made them into a target someone would take my old rags off my hand and I would not have to throw them away. I am basically just trying to get the money back for the wood now.

Comment

Hey yall been a while.. I made some Bacon out of a set of straps off a 80 lb Pig
            Im heare to tell yall it was some mighty fine to chew on. Ive also been busy making Jerkey im Ive got a verry good supply of beef so if any one is interested drop me a note and we can discuss the details.
            I have a new smoker and it works great im starting some bacon next week and then on to hams.
            Good luck to all
            FLIP

Comment

Just checked out the Turkey update on the Fort Hood hunting site, as of the 4th, looks like there has been about 40 birds taken. Hope I am around next spring....

Comment

Hey all finally in Africa but only half way to where I am working, Right now I am in Uganda and sweating my backside off but all is good and everything showed up in one piece until I went through customs then they took a lot of my stuff, personal hygeine things. Will keep you posted on the happenings down here. Keep safe all.

Comment

Went to check camera after two days of hanging the Pig Out. Not one picture. My two resident deer and one cow didnt even come in. I did notice that the liquid didn't drip fast enough and it dried up a bit and quit dripping. So I made the hole a tad bigger and poked another hole in the top of jug. Now it drips every five seconds. Hope it lasts til the weekend but i doubt it.

Anyone ever jump any hogs on foot in 105? I've covered a lot of ground in there and have yet to see any. Would like to try a little walk and stalk if anyone knew where they may be hiding during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                    The range is now open...Just wanted to get the info out too you all
                    Thanks Matt. I will try to be there during my lunch at least twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                      Hey all finally in Africa but only half way to where I am working, Right now I am in Uganda and sweating my backside off but all is good and everything showed up in one piece until I went through customs then they took a lot of my stuff, personal hygeine things. Will keep you posted on the happenings down here. Keep safe all.
                      Take care over there. We'll save ya some piggies.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post
                        Went to check camera after two days of hanging the Pig Out. Not one picture. My two resident deer and one cow didnt even come in. I did notice that the liquid didn't drip fast enough and it dried up a bit and quit dripping. So I made the hole a tad bigger and poked another hole in the top of jug. Now it drips every five seconds. Hope it lasts til the weekend but i doubt it.

Anyone ever jump any hogs on foot in 105? I've covered a lot of ground in there and have yet to see any. Would like to try a little walk and stalk if anyone knew where they may be hiding during the day.
                        that kinda sucks, guess it is one of those things you kinda have to play with.

Wish i could help ya with 105. I am totally new to hunting on hood. I have no idea where to even start. would like a hog and deer setup in the same place, but i guess i'll have to see how that works out. cant wait to do some scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                          that kinda sucks, guess it is one of those things you kinda have to play with.

Wish i could help ya with 105. I am totally new to hunting on hood. I have no idea where to even start. would like a hog and deer setup in the same place, but i guess i'll have to see how that works out. cant wait to do some scouting.
                          I'm new too on hood. I only put a hog stand out cuz as the crow flies its only 1 mile from home. I have a deer lease so if I hunt hood for deer I will probably just do a guided hunt on the weekend I don't go. Just wish I could get some pigs soon.

Comment

Wish I had a lease. Got to do all my hunting on hood. But it's cool. Got a couple places lined up for a day lease here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post

If you walk North until you hit the Blora fence and then look over the fence as far as you can see you'll be seeing pretty close to where they're at during the day most times. Not that it's gonna do you any good. The other place they hang out is across the gravel road on the west border of 105. Once again, it won't do you any good. Both places are no hunt.

They will be back. They act like this most of the time. Occasionally they go on a spree where they are east to pattern and hunt like they just came off. They are not as dumb and predicable as deer are.

Comment

Maybe I will just walk and try to push them to the kill zone. Haha. Plus I'm on the west side.
                                Last edited by J-Raz; 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X