Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sooner_hunter View Post
    Awesome, are you planning on camping or lodging at a hotel? I’m hunting solo which isn’t the greatest idea on this one if you want to be able to go far back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live about 1 hr away so me and my brother will just drive to laguna everyday. I still dont know what area we will concentrate at but let us know if you need anything we dont mind helping out never know when we might need some help as well. For sure we will try to get to spots no one will try to go just to get away from other hunters

Comment

4 of us were drawn for rifle hunt 1-18/1-20. 1st time to hunt there. My wife is super excited to be going on the hunt with us, she hasn't been on a drawn hunt since about 6 years ago. Where can I find a map that shows the unit boundaries?

Comment

never mind found it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think unit 1 is open for the rifle hunts

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
            anyone else hunting the rifle hunt Jan 11-13

My son and I will be there on those dates

Comment

I drew a tag for the Archery hunt 11/30- 12/4. Pretty excited to go and totally up for a good long walk away from the crowds. I've killed a nilgai bull with a rifle...pretty psyched for a bow hunt with them.

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
                I drew a tag for the Archery hunt 11/30- 12/4. Pretty excited to go and totally up for a good long walk away from the crowds. I've killed a nilgai bull with a rifle...pretty psyched for a bow hunt with them.
                I'm the hunt after you. If it's anything like last year it should live up to your expectations, just from the pure trip of being there and enjoying the refuge. Just plum cool place to hang out and enjoy the experience. I'm with you, so psyched to go again! Did you have the bull mounted? Would look so cool hanging on the wall and let the memories flood back.

Comment

Originally posted by returning egret View Post
                  I'm the hunt after you. If it's anything like last year it should live up to your expectations, just from the pure trip of being there and enjoying the refuge. Just plum cool place to hang out and enjoy the experience. I'm with you, so psyched to go again! Did you have the bull mounted? Would look so cool hanging on the wall and let the memories flood back.
                  Good to hear, I did get the bull shoulder mounted. I need to figure how to post pics here, maybe later.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dannorocks; 09-29-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
                    Good to hear, I did get the bull shoulder mounted. I need to figure how to post pics here, maybe later.

Well I'll be darned, they can be had. Nice bull brother[emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                      Well I'll be darned, they can be had. Nice bull brother[emoji1360]

This bull was harvested rifle hunting on private land.

They can be had- once you see them you ought to be shooting by then! Look for that white throat patch

Comment

does anyone know where the parking spot is where you have to walk in the rest of the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtfish View Post
                          does anyone know where the parking spot is where you have to walk in the rest of the way?
                          Look back about 7 posts to the map. It shows the parking areas, but last year we could park along the Red/Orange roads shown on the map as vehicle access roads. They are along highway 106 and the straight road into the refuge.

From there it's your choice. Walk in or bike in and then walk. Your best bet to find other hunters is to go a short distance or "all the way". Pick some thing in the middle is best.

Comment

When you go to the orientation they can explain any questions you might have that nobody has answered on here, I've talked to a few different game wardens as well as the game managers and all are very polite and will help where they can. Just a heads up to the first time guys to laguna, we got drawn this year again except this time the wives got drawn with us so very much looking forward to this hunt! Archery Deer last weekend of Nov.!

Comment

Okay, I have a question. If an animal is harvested that has the ticks affected with red tick fever, is that animal edible? I really have nit studied up on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

From what i've been told is the tick only affects the livestock and is not harmful to humans.

Comment

Working...
                                X