Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to try and kill some geese sometime

Comment

Be careful where you step.. I walked right over the top of this guy this morning. My buddy behind me spotted it. It never moved or rattled.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde_G View Post
        Be careful where you step.. I walked right over the top of this guy this morning. My buddy behind me spotted it. It never moved or rattled.

Great pic! And glad ys didn't get bit.

They are out there. And still going strong into December. I've run across a number of them over the years. And know some places where they can be found on a regular basis.

Comment

And remember, we are not allowed to harm any snakes, per ACE rules/regs.

Comment

I've seen some dang big rattle bugs out there. I've also ran into them in tall grass so if you guys and gals have snake boots wear them

Comment

Glad I have a 4x4. This entrance is dang soggy. Hopefully the last cool front pushed some dove down and the rain didn't mess them up. We shall see .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                And remember, we are not allowed to harm any snakes, per ACE rules/regs.
                Good to know! Tho Im a snake friend. Long as there is no danger of life, they get a pass with me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure am ready for the opener. Good luck to those who made it out this morning to blast some birds.

Comment

Any luck on dove or teal this year?

Comment

Dove r super slow. I only saw 3 birds in 4 hours Saturday morning

Comment

Is there a GPS list for the trailhead/parking areas for all the units in Whitney posted somewhere on their website? Just looking for other units to maybe check out during the season instead of just the one unit that I know where is at. Thanks

Comment

There is a map on their hunting web sight with detailed unit maps also.

Comment

Ive seen those. Was just looking more for GPS coordinates to take me, turn by turn and to the X. Especially with unmarked or poorly marked county roads

Comment

Bear, you just need to get out there with the maps and your GPS, turn by turn until you find what you are looking for. Nobody is going to give up the "X". The difficulty in hunting public land is what makes it rewarding and refreshing, if anyone could do it- all would do it. Just my two-cents.

Comment

Not asking for X, someones hunting spot. Just X of the parking area/trailhead. I know better than to ask for someone hunting location

Comment

Working...
                                X