No announcement yet.

BowTech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had been a Trad guy for 30 years... Long story short, I got me a wheelie bow so I could be a slacker on just practicing... Had actually shot custom Viking wheelie bows in my past too... Got a Switchback, and it was a very good bow... Upgraded to a Drenalin LD a few years later. Sold the switchback, and it is still in service. I still had my Drenalin, but wanted to try the BowTech Destroyer 350 because they were capable of a longer draw length. I had a 2" "D" loop on my switchback and a 1" loop on my LD. Within the first season of using that Destroyer, it literally "came unmanufactured" right in my hands upon release (using a Carter Chocolate Lite 4 finger). First time it happened, new limbs, cams/strings, etc. Second time it happened same thing except no new cams... Third failure was after a hunt. I had shot a doe, and killed her, but hit her way low... bow made a funny racket... carrying it back to the truck after the hunt, with a Primos bow strap covering the cams/strings, I hear a loud "POP", and something slapped my leg... Heck, I jumped about 3 feet straight up. thought I'd been snake bit (was out west). After my heart slowed a bit, I took off the Primos strap, and the string/cables had snapped... That was enough. I loved how the bow shot, when it didn't blow up, but I had come to the point of zero confidence in it. Went to the Bow Zone and bought me a Z9... still shooting it today with no problems just as I had had no problems with any of the other Mathews bows I've owned...

What I think caused my issues is the inherent design flaw for these BowTech bows having such a shallow cam groove... the string I think would roll out of the cam slot on release. In my third failure, I think it was because it partially derailed when I shot that doe, but the string did not fail right away....
    To also supply more data, my arras are full length Axis N-Fused 300's with a 125 grain head, either field tip, Snuffer or Razor Trick... total weight is over 450 grains... over 500 with the snuffers, which is what I was shooting the first time it blew up.. Was a 70# bow but had it backed off to about 62#... set up by Richard or Joey at The Bow Zone...

Yea, Mathews may be good at marketing, but they're dang good at manufacturing a quality bow too, otherwise failures of their equipment would not let them continue to be the leader they are... Marketing will not make up for poor quality and bad customer service. I'm not a Mathews fan boy. I've tried 'em all. That's why I got that Destroyer... I wanted to try something different.

That Destroyer was one of the sweetest shooting, light, quiet bows I've ever shot, but my experience has pretty much sealed the deal for me to never own another BowTech product again.

Comment

Still regret the day I sold my tribute. Haven't shot a lot of the new bows but am currently shooting a creed and still think the tribute was better. I bought the tribute in 06 and sold it in 2014. Never had an issue one even after a friend dry fired it. It was left in my bow stand during the day after morning hunts, rode un cased in the back of my ranger, and shot thousands of times.

Comment

Thanks guys, exactly the kind of thing I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          Ok, I'm a Bow Tech Fanboy.....chime in if you are too.
          Fify

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
            Livin'2hunt your opinion was pretty harsh(Simply put, I believe Mathews bows are the fall-back bows for those that do not know squat about bowhunting.).
            That's why I bought my first one.I thought hell,If I don't like it;least I can sell it..Dry fired it one day,and it flew apart..Got it fixed,shot like new again..I always liked how the Bowtech's are really solid when drawn..My Mathew's always felt kinda "mushy" at the wall,if that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
              Still regret the day I sold my tribute. Haven't shot a lot of the new bows but am currently shooting a creed and still think the tribute was better. I bought the tribute in 06 and sold it in 2014. Never had an issue one even after a friend dry fired it. It was left in my bow stand during the day after morning hunts, rode un cased in the back of my ranger, and shot thousands of times.
              That's why I've never sold mine, I still shoot her to this day. Love my tribute!

Comment

I have bowtech and Mathews no problems with either. Both killers

Comment

I've had great luck with my Bowtechs. Can't say the same for any of the other brands.

Comment

I have a bow tech instanity and it snapped a limp set at 70lbs, full draw. Bow tech made it right and sent me new limbs. Still shoot it and accurate as can be. Bow only leaves closet for practice and hunting, never left in the heat. I’d buy another and stuff happens.

Comment

It is well documented that Bowtech has had numerous limb failures. Good thing is they (bowtech) are aware of it and don't even blink when they have to send replacements. I have owned several bowtech bows. I have had issues with a few of them. Back when I had issues, customer service sucked plain and simple. I'm pretty sure I got their sales mamager at the time canned for cussing me out over the phone. They sent me a replacement after a good tussle. Unfortunately, the replacement had a sharp edge in the string track and cut the serving after like 30 shots.

All companies encounter issues at times. Best t guess what. If you have that old MQ1 have a limb failure, you can still get limbs from Mathews for it. If you have that old Destroyer have a limb failure, you'll have to contact Dave Barnsdale for replacements becuase Bowtech doesn't make them. Yes, the destroyers are known for have "hardcore" limb failures also.

Comment

2012 bowtech assassin no issues shoots great

Comment

2007 Bowtech guardian here... Still going strong and it draws and shoots smooth... I just traded for a second guardian to have as back up.

Comment

I have owned almost all the bow brands out there. I am not a basher. Had problems with several but never a bow tech. Owned 5 or 6 of them in the last 12 yrs. or whatever it has been. By far my favorite brand. Never one issue.

Rick

Comment

ive owned a few different bowtechs over the past several years and only 1 of them did I have troubles with. my very first bowtech invasion right out of the box, first time drawing the bow the top right limb lamination separated causing the cam to torque to the side. put it back in the box, called bowtech to inform them, sent it back, and they sent me a new one. I was skeptical of that bow from then, so I sold it and went a different route. bowtech used to have a lot of trouble with their limbs coming apart, but I haven't heard any stories about that lately.

Comment

BowTech

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                                Still shooting a bowtech destroyer 350 and have no urge to even try any new bow! Never a problem and shoots great so no reason to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! The only thing I did to mine was get some new limbs to increase the poundage I was pulling. I’m now pulling 72#’s on the dot. I have no inkling of buying a new bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X