No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavon Lake has a new Master Plan for the properties around the lake that will affect future resources. I'd suggest you look further into it if you hunt there to see what those changes are. Whitney is doing the same thing. And I have been studying their plan today. And how it will or could affect the hunting there. All of the lands there have been reclassified. Some of the lands there will be purposed to fall into the "new classifications".

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Lavon Lake has a new Master Plan for the properties around the lake that will affect future resources. I'd suggest you look further into it if you hunt there to see what those changes are. Whitney is doing the same thing. And I have been studying their plan today. And how it will or could affect the hunting there. All of the lands there have been reclassified. Some of the lands there will be purposed to fall into the "new classifications".

http://www.swf.usace.army.mil/About/...es/Lavon-Lake/

Thanks TG, I read the one for Whitney too. Appreciate you posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone clarify, I've read alot that the Rangers don't mind if u put down a little corn but do know what the rules say. Has anyone actually spoke to the Rangers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brandonsbird02 View Post
          Can anyone clarify, I've read alot that the Rangers don't mind if u put down a little corn but do know what the rules say. Has anyone actually spoke to the Rangers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
          Rules state "no baiting"... but, 2nd hand info said a Ranger told them they don't mind...

Comment

I'm going to get a permit next month and will hopefully be able to get out more.

Comment

Well, I did a little walk in today, just for a little scouting. Since it was my first time out, and i didnt have a lot of daylight left, I "thought" I would find an "easy" way on to hunting land. Soooo, I drove on in to Twin Groves Park, @ the south end of area 6. This did not put me very close to the actual hunting land, but I took to wandering toward the line. There were a ton of tracks and rooted ground between the parking @ the boat ramp and the actual hunting area. But, I don't think where the area begins gives the 1000 feet buffer. But, like I said, there is a TON of tracks in that area!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                Rules state "no baiting"... but, 2nd hand info said a Ranger told them they don't mind...
                I haven't found any mention of baiting in the rules. The woman at the lake office when I got my permit a few weeks ago said have at it when I asked her. I guess I will check with a ranger since they're going to be the ultimate authority.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfactory7 View Post
                  I haven't found any mention of baiting in the rules. The woman at the lake office when I got my permit a few weeks ago said have at it when I asked her. I guess I will check with a ranger since they're going to be the ultimate authority.
                  Lol, I stand corrected! I can't find it in the policy, I must have been off in la-la land thinking of something else! Thank you!

Comment

Called yesterday to verify slug types allowed, and they are supposed to be non-toxic, so I ended up ordering 1 of each of these:

Got a pretty good deal on them, PM me for info.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                      Called yesterday to verify slug types allowed, and they are supposed to be non-toxic, so I ended up ordering 1 of each of these:

Got a pretty good deal on them, PM me for info.
                      thanks for the info!

Comment

http://www.swf.usace.army.mil/About/...es/Lavon-Lake/
                        Not too sure I like the sound of "Environmentally Sensitive Areas". Sounds like they're leaving a way to shut down these areas. One of them is my main squirrel spot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Not too sure I like the sound of "Environmentally Sensitive Areas". Sounds like they're leaving a way to shut down these areas. One of them is my main squirrel spot too.
                          I am worried myself. The spot where I have been hunting hogs the past few weekends will soon be shutdown as well. "High Density Recreation Area". Which is odd because I have not seen anyone in that area yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                            I am worried myself. The spot where I have been hunting hogs the past few weekends will soon be shutdown as well. "High Density Recreation Area". Which is odd because I have not seen anyone in that area yet...
                            The ESA's are not being shut down to hunting "yet". I'm thinking these area's are probably holding the most deer. Property owner's around there don't want anyone messing with them. I know the area I squirrel hunt in holds some really nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              That's kinda the thoughts it left me with. And not just on Lavon.

Comment

That's kinda the thoughts it left me with. And not just on Lavon.
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X