Funny Lab Coloration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Lab Coloration

Has anyone else had a papered Lab end up with a wavy coat along it's back and lighter colored patches in the same general area? She also has a small white spot in "brisket" area. She is almost 4 months old.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fargus; 03-18-2023, 12:12 PM.

Not really lighter but a couple of pups from the litters ours had several years back did have wavy hair along their backbone. We also had a few out of the 2nd litter they dropped that were born as black labs, but had random chocolate strips on them.

That was confusing at first but apparently not all that uncommon when the female is a yellow, which was our case.

Comment

I’ve seen wavy fur on the rump/back of yellow labs. Our lab and her father have/had ‘angel wings’ of white behind the shoulders.

As I understand, labs have complex color genetics. Our son’s yellow lab that’s red from the mother bred with a silver lab that looks like a weimeriner gray and 12 puppies were black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, my last black would have chocolate highlights when the sun hit him just right.

That, and had a wavy coat.

Comment

My charcoal has wavy rump fur

Comment

My chocolate female looked like you put Sun In on her, ends of her hair was lighter

Comment

Working...
            X