Kids Chinese Won’t Turn Over/Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Chinese Won’t Turn Over/Run

I bought a “working” kids ATV from the TBH classifieds.

I’ve had myself and mechanic buddy tinkering with it.

I’ve replaced carb, harness, kill switch, stator, battery, and key switch.

I can’t get this thing to run.

The problem we are having with the 4-wheeler it would crank with the old harness but would not turn over. I put on the new harness but the issue with the new harness is that some of the connectors were left out due to nothing connects to them.

It would still crank and not turn over.

We put the new carburetor and coil and still would not get a spark.

Pretty frustrated especially since I bought it from a guy that claimed it ran a few weeks prior but his kids misplaced the key and kill switch.

Took his word for it, ordered new ignition/key switch and kill switch lanyard before leaving his driveway.

Anyone have insight on what would be causing this thing to not run?

I AM NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED.

I bought the parts on Amazon based on the ATV model number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever plugs aren't plugged into anything, make a jumper wire and jump the plugs and see what happens. My nephews ace wouldn't start in Arkansas this weekend. We finally noticed the break lights weren't working with the pedal. The sensor had went bad and that's the safety for cranking. Put a jumper wire in the plug and off we went.

Comment

compression
      fuel
      spark
      timing

Check in this order

Comment

and don't just throw parts at it

youtube James Corden. Excellent small engine repair channel. Very methodical

Comment

I've got two 125cc Tao Tao kiddo 4-wheelers & got frustrated when one of them wouldn't start. I tried all sorts of things then I checked the spark plug for spark & there wasn't any. Turns out it was just a blown fuse. I also suggest using ethanol free gas to avoid carb problems in the future & running fuel out of line when done using it.
          Last edited by techzan; 03-18-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

May sound funny but make sure it’s got enough oil in it. Might be like a generator and when it gets low on oil it won’t give a spark, therefore won’t start.

Comment

I have one of those Coleman ones from Tsc I bought for my daughter. Every now and then it won’t fire up but will have a spark. Even still, if you get it a new plug, it fires right up on the first hit. Doesn’t make sense, but it’s happened three times now.

Comment

IT’s Chinese

Comment

A perfect example of why I dont buy cheap stuff. Best of luck getting it to run without spending an enormous amount of money on it.

Comment

Could be the stator.

Comment

Have you tested for spark and compression. No spark and it won't run. No compression and it won't run. If you've got spark and compression then you have a fuel issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Have you tested for spark and compression. No spark and it won't run. No compression and it won't run. If you've got spark and compression then you have a fuel issue.

No spark

I’ll check compression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see in your list where you checked the neutral switch, that will cut spark if its bad or not in neutral.

Comment

There is also a rear brake switch that has to be depressed for the motor to get spark

Comment

I have had brand new cdi units junk right out of the box with that junk chinese crap. Try a different cdi unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X