Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the GS nay Sayers..(The Brazoria county rut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Dang, the internets is serious bidness, huh……..

Maybe because there are different subspecies of WT deer in each of those regions mentioned, that have evolved a little different each to their surrounding/conditions?
    I’m gonna go with this.👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      You have your chance to silence the mob and that’s the best picture you can come up with?
      OMG….Good Grief and…..
      He would have gotten a better image with livescope😜

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Oh no you di-unt!! 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Could have seen it before it hit da ground.

Comment

House cat

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
              I don't know anything about the rut down there, but I have a 3ish month old fawn on my place in southern Oklahoma (Spots just starting to fade)... do the math on that... it had to be conceived in April? Seems almost 6 months wrong. Definitely interesting, but I'm not making any rut determinations from it.
              Megafawn

Comment

We hunted a small track in Fort Bend county for a few years. Peak rut activity often was over by the start of bow season. Most definitely a challenging and at times frustrating area to hunt.

Comment

Maybe because there are different subspecies of WT deer in each of those regions mentioned, that have evolved a little different each to their surrounding/conditions?
                  I wouldn't bet against you
                  I had a buck trailing a doe here in Feb
                  Guess we will find out if she was bred if I see a fresh fawn in September

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    I wouldn't bet against you
                    I had a buck trailing a doe here in Feb
                    Guess we will find out if she was bred if I see a fresh fawn in September
                    Doe, or doe fawn?

I’ve seen spots in November and out first rut is in September.

We have a blending of East Texas, Coastal, and introduced S Texas genetics all in the same area.

They just hump 24/7/365
                    Last edited by Greenheadless; 03-17-2023, 07:54 PM.

Comment

HF

Comment

That's what happens when you use Buck Candy or Double Down.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Not arguing by any means but from what I know/ have read the rut is triggered by length of daylight

If that is indeed the case, how would it be around the 1st week in Nov up here, mid to late Dec in south Texas (I may be off on that) but 60 days earlier from my area which is between me and the southern zone?
                          Something does not add up and quite possibly the whole length of daylight thing is a farce
                          Not all deer go by daylight savings time. This has caused massive confusion in the deer breeding world. If the government would stick with one time throughout the year they would all get back to breeding like they are supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            We hunted a small track in Fort Bend county for a few years.
                            Try hunting a tract of land. Hunting a track is too small of an area unless a deer happens to be standing in said track.

Comment

Must have been bred by a buck still in velvet if bred sept 1 st. Humm better check if the neighbors have a pet doe and teenage sons.

Comment

Heard a long time ago that white tailed deer pretty much died out in the mid coast area so a bunch where brought in from Florida. Apparently it was the subspecies with the smallest horn and body genetics.

Comment

Working...
                                X