No announcement yet.

Lawn care what do you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are on an acre and we pay $70.00. He also does 2 of our neighbors as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
      We are on an acre and we pay $70.00. He also does 2 of our neighbors as well.
      Just north of you and about the same at $75 mow, trim and weeds. I think our area $100 would be high.

Comment

3000 square feet $50.00 per trip. $100.00 a month...

Comment

I had a lawn care side business a few years back. The one thing that people don't realize is that it is much more than labor and fuel. Equipment upkeep and repairs aren't cheap. And, it pays to have industrial and spare equipment when other eqpt breaks down.

There were times I over bid jobs just so I would not get the work due to wear and tear it would put on my eqpt. Also, I realized that doctors and attorneys were the hardest to collect from!

If the customer wants to low ball you and use illegals with a trailer and mowers let them have it. You are better off anyway not doing it cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            I had a lawn care side business a few years back. The one thing that people don't realize is that it is much more than labor and fuel. Equipment upkeep and repairs aren't cheap. And, it pays to have industrial and spare equipment when other eqpt breaks down.

There were times I over bid jobs just so I would not get the work due to wear and tear it would put on my eqpt. Also, I realized that doctors and attorneys were the hardest to collect from!

If the customer wants to low ball you and use illegals with a trailer and mowers let them have it. You are better off anyway not doing it cheap.
            It is a cut throat business around here, illegal lawn mower operators are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Ya just starting within 10 miles of house 3 neighborhoods maybe 3 gallons per yard. Only trying to get 10 yards tops. OP i think around here people are paying $75 an acre
              Are you running a tractor or a ztr? I run both and have a minimum I charge for both.

Comment

City lot near Dallas - $40.00
                4 acre yard at the farm - $200.00

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                  Are you running a tractor or a ztr? I run both and have a minimum I charge for both.
                  Ztr

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    It is a cut throat business around here, illegal lawn mower operators are everywhere.
                    Let them have it. I based my work on quality. Not quantity. I gladly gave medium and low priced work away for customers that wanted good work and paid well. Once you get established that is easy to do. I finally sold out to a guy from Tampa, Fl. that bought everything I had and took over the list of customers.

Comment

My neighbor has exactly one acre. A crew with 3 people shows up and one weed eats while the other 2 are on ZTR`s. Don`t know what she pays, but I don`t think you could break even after paying 3 people and replace your equipment @ 100 bucks and we live 10 miles in the country. My ZTR I bought in 2018 has gone up 2500 and trucks, tires and trailers replacement cost are through the roof to.

Comment

We have just shy of an acre, with ~12 trees/things to mow around. Plus a fence. Kind of a PITA yard to mow to be honest.

We had multiple contractors quote us $70-$80. I still bought my own mower because it was too much (Admittedly, I enjoy mowing the lawn too).

Comment

It's about $100-150 per acre where we are at for mow, weed eat and blower.

Comment

$30 per cut, twice per month for typical suburban residential lot. Just the standard cut, weed eat, edging and blow. They don't mess with the flower beds, etc. Even when the grass isn't growing much, it's worth its weight in the fall when the leaves start falling and again in the spring with the oak tree pollen. They do an Ok job, but at the price it's fair.

At least in my part of Houston, lawn crews are a dime a dozen, so pricing is pretty competitive. There's probably 10 different crews that work my neighborhood and the one next to us.

Comment

I was paying $150 for someone to come out and mow my 2 acres. That was about every 2 weeks during a good growing season. I got tired of looking at a crappy job. It looked more like he was shredding it than mowing it. And, since I'm extremely OCD about what my yard looks like, I went out and bought my own mower. Besides, I love mowing the yard.

Comment

$30 per visit includes mow, edge, blow, and bag ~8k sqft lot. when I worked for a landscaping company about a year ago we charged $150 per mow (nothing else) for 1 ac. wide open lot. Also close to houston so pricing is dependent on area im sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X