Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the GS nay Sayers..(The Brazoria county rut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s definitely a water moccasin, fo sho!

Comment

Bobcat. There’s no tail in that pic

Comment

Looks like Bucky got lucky after the Fourth of July picnic.

Comment

Momma was bred about Sept 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            That’s definitely a water moccasin, fo sho!
            Copperhead.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
              Momma was bred about Sept 1st?
              Thats not uncommon along Mid Texas coast..Rut is late aug-sept

Comment

We get pictures of bucks dogging does all the time as early as mid august in Jefferson county.

Comment

According to TPWD, the Gulf prairies and marshes areas start breeding around August 24.

Assuming the whitetails in those areas can read a calendar and didn’t get frisky a week or so early (which is certainly likely), the first fawns should have started hitting the ground last week.

I’m not sure why a baby kangaroo would want to be out looking for fresh fawns but he will probably come across a couple.

Comment

Not arguing by any means but from what I know/ have read the rut is triggered by length of daylight

If that is indeed the case, how would it be around the 1st week in Nov up here, mid to late Dec in south Texas (I may be off on that) but 60 days earlier from my area which is between me and the southern zone?
                    Something does not add up and quite possibly the whole length of daylight thing is a farce

Comment

I don't know anything about the rut down there, but I have a 3ish month old fawn on my place in southern Oklahoma (Spots just starting to fade)... do the math on that... it had to be conceived in April? Seems almost 6 months wrong. Definitely interesting, but I'm not making any rut determinations from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Live scope has clearer pictures than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Today's winner at inner-web.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Excellent camera work! Definite black panther...
                          That’s two of us !

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Not arguing by any means but from what I know/ have read the rut is triggered by length of daylight

If that is indeed the case, how would it be around the 1st week in Nov up here, mid to late Dec in south Texas (I may be off on that) but 60 days earlier from my area which is between me and the southern zone?
                            Something does not add up and quite possibly the whole length of daylight thing is a farce

Yea, that's a crock right there!! It's the same in East Texas vs. South Texas as far as amount of daylight/day... I've always said that'd a crock about length of days determining timing of the rut! I am not sure WHAT the answer is, but THAT ain't it!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Yea, that's a crock right there!! It's the same in East Texas vs. South Texas as far as amount of daylight/day... I've always said that'd a crock about length of days determining timing of the rut! I am not sure WHAT the answer is, but THAT ain't it!
                              This^^
                              The daylight formula has been debunked. We have fawns hitting the ground for 5-6 months down here. From Aug to Jan. The earliest rut and the longest "trickle" rut I know of.
                              But most happens in August and September.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Dang, the internets is serious bidness, huh……..

Maybe because there are different subspecies of WT deer in each of those regions mentioned, that have evolved a little different each to their surrounding/conditions?

Comment

Working...
                                X