Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 for the week. Dukes and dry cat food.

Comment

7 for the weekend ...5 baby makers and two large boars. Should have been 8 but one left his paw behind to let us know he was there. All caught on mini mm's and corn.

Comment

Adding 3 more to the list. Surely they'll stop coming, lol. Total 69

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
          Adding 3 more to the list. Surely they'll stop coming, lol. Total 69

I keep thinking that too ... they're cloning somewhere up the creek.

Comment

One more for the pile.

Comment

A crow? That's a first. Awesome!!!!!!

Comment

Anybody run them year round? I usually stop once the ants start getting to my bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                  Anybody run them year round? I usually stop once the ants start getting to my bait.

We run them every trip to the lease. Which is usually once a month . We use corn or protein in the summer when the sun starts melting the MMs or ants show up. Out west we really don’t have big issues with ants except the big red ants so it’s more the heat and the mess.

Comment

2 more yesterday. Actually caught them in my chicken coop, little b’s killed one of my chickens.
                    Total 72

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Happy New Year! 2022 sucked for us due to drought but let's not let a poor deer season stop us from thumping some coon heads.. [emoji41] We had 1081 in 2023 ... Nice to see us break the 4 digit count again. Lets do it again!

Aight folks ...we had 2017 w/ 1781 coons, 2018 w/ 860, 2019 w/ 791, 2020 w/ 1369, 2021 w/ 807 and 2022 w/ 1081 coons meeting their demise. That’s 6,689 confirmed food bills collected!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2023 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn, protein and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

And to start us off.....3 coons killed with protein and Dukes...

What are the orange strap things ?

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                        What are the orange strap things ?

Trap setting assist tool that we no longer use. More of a PITA to keep up with than they are a convenience to set a trap with.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	81D7D3EC-1794-439C-A93B-B75FAC9CA350.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	24708509

Short trip a couple weeks ago. Only 1 killed.

Comment

Notch another one for me.

Comment

One more. 4 for the year for me.
                              Total 75

Comment

impressive numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X