Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage

Well. I have broke down and joined the Rage craze. I have never shot
    mechanical heads until now. Tried some and had to have some.
    Now I don't have to reset my sights from field tips to broadheads.
    They shoot just like my field points.

You wont be disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
      They sure do. Just don't punch it thru the shoulder blade (on the near side anyway) and it's all good

Comment

you should still tune your bow to shoot fixed blades, even a mechanical broadhead will loose energy if the bow is not pushing it straight. Rage is a great broadhead, just don't use mechanicals as a substitute for tuning.
        Last edited by JMenendez; 01-04-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I did tune it. With the fixed blade I was shooting
          3 inches low right compared to the field tips.
          I shot both field and the rage and had make a slight adjustment.
          They deffinently fly better for me.
          I look forward to puttin em down with Rage.

Comment

Great performance.....but ditto on staying away from shoulder on entrance....bad news!

Comment

Originally posted by let-um-grow View Post
              Great performance.....but ditto on staying away from shoulder on entrance....bad news!
              Ive seen a couple pics on here with successful shoulder shots. But i will say they are in the minority. Ive talked with alotta folks that had bad things happen when impacting the shoulder. I once was on the short end of that stick myself. Keep it in the crease and they are lethal.

Comment

If everything is tuned, fixed blades will fly like field points also.

Comment

Welcome to the bright side!

Comment

When they eventually fail you, you can go to these...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JMenendez View Post
                      you should still tune your bow to shoot fixed blades, even a mechanical broadhead will loose energy if the bow is not pushing it straight. Rage is a great broadhead, just don't use mechanicals as a substitute for tuning.
                      Excellent advice. Want a pass through with a mechanical ..... Take the time to make sure the arrow is flying straight.

Don't mind the rage/mechanical haters. I've killed lots of animals with them and haven't had a single problem that I couldn't track back to a bad shot.

Comment

I did tune it. With the fixed blade I was shooting
                        3 inches low right compared to the field tips.
                        I shot both field and the rage and had make a slight adjustment.
                        They deffinently fly better for me.
                        I look forward to puttin em down with Rage.
                        Then your bows not tuned

Low right from my crappy memory is a small adjustment up on the rest and overspine in your arrow. Check the chart but it ought to take 20 minutes to fix.

Comment

If you have confidence in your shot and want to shoot Rage, do it and don't worry about the negative comments. Rage isn't selling the crap out of them because they are no good.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                            Excellent advice. Want a pass through with a mechanical ..... Take the time to make sure the arrow is flying straight.

Don't mind the rage/mechanical haters. I've killed lots of animals with them and haven't had a single problem that I couldn't track back to a bad shot.
                            Okay help me. I had one explode on a shoulder last season. Ive killed several with Grizz Tricks and Muzzys n such hitting em in that same spot. Now youre right. I pulled a little off no doubt. But why would i wanna continue to shoot a Rage. Respectful question bro i aint bein a bu-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Okay help me. I had one explode on a shoulder last season. Ive killed several with Grizz Tricks and Muzzys n such hitting em in that same spot. Now youre right. I pulled a little off no doubt. But why would i wanna continue to shoot a Rage. Respectful question bro i aint bein a bu-hole.
                              Because the same reason some people shoot Mathews over Bowtech or Bowtechs over Mathews, drive Chevy's instead of Ford's, white milk instead of chocolate. It basically boils down to your preference. Shoot the set up that you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X