No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks NxSTexan - that would add a lot of stability to it - I’ll bring it down there and see on scouting day if I can find a tree like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
      Just got approved for time off for the whole hunt! I’ll be there the 16th - 20th to redeem last years miss!
      Congrats! I know how hard it is to get time off from work - I had to do a little “politicking” to get my time off

Comment

Anyone confident enough to call it now and say they'll make the chalkboard?

I'm sitting on the side lines this year so I can't be that cocky

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

I’ll take your place up there

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
            I’ll take your place up there
            Go ahead big dog! Call it now

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

I thought u would be at standby for the 2nd aransas hunt?
              I will be setting up Thursday but can hunt the first day. Will be there the next 4 days though.
              I'll be on the board with something I hope.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                I thought u would be at standby for the 2nd aransas hunt?
                I will be setting up Thursday but can hunt the first day. Will be there the next 4 days though.
                I'll be on the board with something I hope.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                I let that hunt go to 2nd draw. Rifle hunt will be a peice of cake. Msg me if you want some quick spots with for sure shots. Good luck!

I moved to Granger, I have alot of work to do

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                  This could work. Romulan, maybe find a tree with enough open area near the trunk to secure the legs of ladder to with a ratchet or cam buckle strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May want to check their rules first. Not 100% but thought I saw where it said they didn’t want anyone attaching anything to the trees. Again I don’t remember exactly what it said but might want to check just to CYA.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter806 View Post
                    May want to check their rules first. Not 100% but thought I saw where it said they didn’t want anyone attaching anything to the trees. Again I don’t remember exactly what it said but might want to check just to CYA.

I believe you are correct I remember reading something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter806 View Post

Good point. Probably discouraging ladder/climber/hang on stands. Hard to do with the type of trees down there anyway I'd imagine. Wonder if this would skirt that rule since it's more of tie down? But your point stands. Check first.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                        Good point. Probably discouraging ladder/climber/hang on stands. Hard to do with the type of trees down there anyway I'd imagine. Wonder if this would skirt that rule since it's more of tie down? But your point stands. Check first.

I believe you cannot cut or screw anything into the trees. Verify the rules but I think you can tie stands to the trees as long as nothing gets screwed in or limbs cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                          I believe you cannot cut or screw anything into the trees. Verify the rules but I think you can tie stands to the trees as long as nothing gets screwed in or limbs cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                          I am correcting this last post. I just read the rules about hunting stands. You cannot attach stands to trees.

Comment

Thanks guys! Appreciate the clarification

Comment

Small folding chairs, stools work well. Pop ups are Bulky/ tripods heavy. There is alot of shrubbery to hide in/among. Be careful, many plants have thorns. Everything has pros/cons.

They will go over all rules during session, but it’s really a review of the brochure. No lean to stand/strap one, climbers, etc. the trees are. It really ideal, for the most part.

I went with my brother last year, had s blast. My brother lost one. I missed shot opertunity. Maybe 3 actual opertunites during whole 5 days. So, be ready when it comes. Saw does, turtles, pigs, no snakes. I’ll be alone this year as he couldn’t make it.

Patience/endurance is key. Bring a lot of wAter. I thought my brother was over packing. He wasn’t. I think we drank at least 2-3liters a day. It was hot, we sweated a lot. Wear light clothing. Bikes are better for longer treks.

I’ll get on board this year.

Comment

It looks like there will be no need for cold weather gear for the first hunt 11-16 to 11-20. The current forecast calls for highs in the mid to upper 70s, lows in the mid to upper 60s and winds from the southeast 10-15 mph. Winds might switch to the NNE on the last day.
                                Don't forget permethrin and bug spray as mosquitos could be rampant with this weather in the mornings.

Comment

Working...
                                X