No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

count me in! I started fly fishing last summer. agree with the analogy of the "bow hunting of fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      20" cut in the Valle Vidal is a heck of a trophy. Rio Costilla?
      20" cut is a trophy everyhwere.

Comment

Just started last year also. Love it so far. A lot of great pics on here.

Comment

I flyfished for years, been out of for a few...hope its like riding a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Just bought a TFO PHW and an OKUMA Arbor reel, looking for flyline right now. What do yall use for backing. I was thinking about using some type of Braid. What say yall?

Braid is good. Use some 50lb or 60lb power pro and you'll never have to worry about it breaking or deteriorating. The color will bleed into your fly line some but its not a big deal.

Comment

So many of these fly fishing threads, I can't remember which ones I've posted to.

I'm a hard core bowhunter and fisherman. I started fly fishing in about 2000. No clue where all my pics wound up, but here are a couple I have on my phone.

Comment

Awesome Damian!

CTR0022, great write-up on a cool, but little-known Texas game fish. I caught a TON of chain pickerel when I was a teen living in Massachusetts. We wore them out on all the small ponds and lakes in central NE. They are a great sport fish, but don't let those teeth get you. Worst throbbing thumb I've ever had was after a chain pickerel bit down on my thumb while I was trying to remove a hook. I still remember how that felt!

But yea, what a great fish. Very cool.

Comment

I have caught every freshwater fish you can catch in Texas on a fly. I have dabbled at tying my own as well

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I have caught every freshwater fish you can catch in Texas on a fly. I have dabbled at tying my own as well
                    Catching them on your on fly is very rewarding.

Comment

just thinking out loud here, but talking about the chain pic I am thinking I am going to have to target the Texas Grennel on a fly. That has to be a good fight and easy to find them on Caddo when they spawn. Haha new fly fishing for Grennels

Comment

Reading through this thread makes me want to go to either the coast, or Colorado! Been buggy-whippin' since I was about 10-12 years old. Love to do it almost over any other kind of fishing. Fish mainly in Colorado with it but also her in Texas more and more every year for bass, whites, hybrids.... Here's a few older pics.

4lb rainbow private water put and take

Big ol bluegill

S. Platte Brownie

Roaring Fork rainbow

Hooked up on the Colorado near Glenwood Springs

Roaring Fork brown

Brother in the Upper Colorado near Kremmling

Comment

Grew up flyfishing in Ohio and Michigan...only done it a few times since moving to Texas but it's a great sport.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Came for the fly fishin, stayed for the deer lakes pic. I grew up fishing that same spot with my dad. We always stayed at the Texan cabins in Lake City. Fishing the waterfall there is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                              Yo...I will fly fish anywhere there is water. I also build them for a little extra side money. In fact I'm going to be building one in a couple weeks when I get home. I'll post pictures as I go.

Forgot to post pictures of my state record snook and some others

If you want to see my rod building look me up on Facebook under rods by chris
                              Rod building? You should do a photog of a rod build and post it in the DIY section. I bet some of us would love to see it.

Comment

I love fly fishing

Comment

Working...
                                X