Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wonder why Insurance is stupid expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Key word some to fix this someone is going to get alienated or start crying”’ hey what about us “ it’s going to take some very unpleasant divisive action
    Like saying you smoked 3 packs a day and got COPD , lung cancer = tough luck should have spent your cig money better
    Or you are a alcoholic and have cirrhosis or kidney, liver cancer = tough
    AIDS = tough
    Drug addiction hepatitis C = tough
    Abortion laws are going to have to change, better prenatal genetic testing , forced sterilization for mentally ill ( bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ect) nip that genetic stuff in the bud
    Fixing this headache is going to hurt some feelings
    “ you can please some of the people, but not all of the people “

P.s big pet peeve gastric bypass paid by insurance “ drink 12 Dr Pepper and eat 6 burger and fries a day help me insurance company or I will die = tough cookie
    LOL and I agree with all. Too bad it will get worse instead of better.

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
    Another thing that bugs me: Good Rx, and prescriptions!!! Why can't prescriptions just have the same cost? Sir your order is $769, we'll ma'm let me show you this coupon I found for free online while in line (huge line) at your pharmacy. "Oh why didn't you say something, ok your new total is $4.37.

Ridiculous games
    Games they play to try and get "poor" people cheaper prescriptions.
    I'd add that to the "tough" list above.

to clarify - most "poor" people are poor due to their own choices over time. Or they get totally screwed by healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Because of crooks like ATI.
      Was quoted "about $40 per visit" when I inquired with receptionist.
      Ok, that's reasonable after Insurance payment.
      After the rushing to keep scheduling visits I started to become wary. After 4 visits and still not receiving a bill I stopped going. Last service was in early July. I did not get the first bill until November! Imagine if I had kept going... Had I known these ****ers were going to charge my insurance company $350/visit I would have told them where to stick it. I mean, lawyers don't even charge that much.

For what the lady did I could have looked up the exercises on the internet. The first 30 minutes of each visit was spent massaging my next to loosen the muscles. Should have went to the thai massage. At least there I would have gotten a handy.

After fighting this for over a year, ATI is still sticking to their guns and refusing to honor the $40 verbal stating that they already filed on insurance and I am liable for remaining balance.
      All results of the great Ponzi scheme by the Democrats to buy votes. And Medical cost have also skyrocketed because those voters have learned to use the hospital emergency room as their prymary care provider.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
        My wife Is a medical biller for a Ped's office. Long ago insurance companies decided they would only pay 40-60% of the cost of a procedure and or a visit, then some Docs just increased the price of the visit to get the amount they would of originally charged. Then the cycle began, insurance companies payed less, docs charged more and got less. Every month her AR for one practice is 45%-55% of what was billed and most of the time insurance companies just deny a claim hoping it will be missed or it will be denied over 90 days then provider can't collect. And that practice has not over inflated its pricing but has had to decide not to see certain children with certain insurance because they were going out of business from not getting paid at all. It is super jacked up, this is one place I think the government should regulate the insurance companies some how. I know intervention rarely works.
        The government isn't regulating insurance. They are outsourcing Medicare and Medicaid to insurance companies. I work in healthcare and take all forms of payment. Medicaid and Medicare is being managed and paid by companies like UHC, BCBS, Cigna, Molina, Humana, WellMed etc. Its all one big circle jerk.

Comment

Working...
        X