Cannon safe e-lock problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannon safe e-lock problems

My mother forgot the combination to her safe. She filled out all the paperwork and Cannon sent her a new code and a new lock. The new code isn't working. No beeps, no nothing. The light works and the buttons beeped when you press it but it's not accepting the code. New battery is in it. Any ideaa?

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Well if it has a key pad with a 9V battery in it. My buddy found you can pull that key pad off pretty easily, some may take a flat blade screw driver to remove. But once you have the pad off, there should be two wires going down inside the safe. If you take the 9V battery, attach two wires to the top of it, then poke one wire into each of the two wire terminals that are on the end of the wiring harness that goes into the safe. As soon as you put 9V to those two wires, it should pop the lock.
    From what a buddy of mine who works in security found out, those safes are way too easy to get into. He warned me before I bought one.

If the lock does not pop, when you connect the 9V battery directly to those two wires, either the battery is dead, or the electric solenoid or solenoids that retract the bolts, are bad.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-14-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

It had 4 wires. I'm going to let her call customer service again tomorrow before I take a air chisel to it.

Comment

My Cannon is very picky with where I position the handle when I go through the code. The handle needs to be centered in the movement, not all the way left or right but centered. It doesn't even beep when I turn the handle if it's not centered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          It had 4 wires. I'm going to let her call customer service again tomorrow before I take a air chisel to it.

What color are those four wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            My mother forgot the combination to her safe. She filled out all the paperwork and Cannon sent her a new code and a new lock. The new code isn't working. No beeps, no nothing. The light works and the buttons beeped when you press it but it's not accepting the code. New battery is in it. Any ideaa?

My neighbor just had his key pad go out on his. He had a locksmith come out who he said had a device that bypassed the the keypad and opened the safe. Kind of scary if you ask me. He had it replaced with a dial.

I had my key pad replaced with a dial lock several years back. Mine went bad and I said screw that never again. Mechanical locks for me from now on. Lucky the keys were intermittent and I tried the code every day for several weeks until finally one day it opened. I left it unlocked until I could get it swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              What color are those four wires?
              I didn't look that closely.

Comment

Working...
              X