No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to beat supper time this time of year!
    Attached Files

Comment

Got a limit of ducks & a bonus snow goose this morning.
      Congrats to everyone on their hunts!

Comment

Taking some customers out tomorrow on a crane hunt in Katy! Should be a dang good time!

Looking forward to hunting this weekend. Had a bunch of ducks and geese show up with the last front, they surprisingly have hung around! Should be a good weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping to get some on the three day weekend. Can't hunt saturday because of basketball tournament.

But game on sunday Monday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday had a limit of ducks.
            Got a limit of ducks & 2 snows this AM.

Comment

Headed south to shoot some deer to make sausage but have the decoys and waiters in the truck for some pond action.

Hopefully it pans out

Comment

I usually just leave them a tip, but taking them hunting...wow. That was some kind of service

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  We were getting a little stale until that front came through on Friday night. I don’t really scout around much because I don’t like to move anything, but I drove around Saturday and found a bunch at my grandmas. I don’t get too excitable about ducks but this was a mondo wad, like +1k mallards.. They were all hitting a little 6-8 acre low spot beside a ditch about in a corn field that had backed up the night before.

Dad wasn’t going to the woods Sunday morning due to clouds so he went with me. We got out there 20 minutes or so before shooting, threw some decoys and got in the tree line. No ducks on the water.... shooting light came and we had ONE pair come in. We had to walk in probably 700 yards carrying our stuff and he was NOT entertained! He has a pit in the next field over and they were working it pretty good. I felt like an idiot!

About the time I started feeling duped & he wanted to call it (8ish), here they came. Landed a group of about 30 and knocked out 4, then landed a solid 200. Biggest group I’ve landed in quite a while. Hand hundreds circling and landing around us picking up. All I can figure is they were roosted somewhere far off?
                  How are the numbers looking up there? May run up to hunt with a buddy the 25-26th on his place just east of Clarendon

Comment

I'm out trying to get my boy a good buck, but pond jumped and got some some gadwall on our almost empty tank.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

First duck hunt of the year.

Deer hunt till 9,eat breakfast then lay on the bed for a few. Grab the gun at 11, drive down to the creek and walk 40 yards for a limit. Easy peasy

Only wanted 2 but had to defend myself against one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Deer hunt till 9,eat breakfast then lay on the bed for a few. Grab the gun at 11, drive down to the creek and walk 40 yards for a limit. Easy peasy

Beautiful wood ducks man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                          Beautiful wood ducks man.

Thanks. Almost a shame to shoot one much less pluck him to eat.

2 of them where pretty big birds. Nice and fat from the acorns

Comment

I hear you....the wood duck stamp is even pretty. I want to have one mounted with the Red and Widgeon I have at taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Cool to have a wood duck place Good hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably going solo in the am. Hoping for 6! Need 4 to reach 40 on the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X