Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator

Looking at generators for my cabin. Been borrowing a buddies Honda 3500w while working on cabin. it is a 12X30 lofted barn and i have a 12,000btu Window Unit currently and i'm thinking i might need to add another one in order to cool down during the hotter months.
    Going to get it insulated with spray foam in the next few weeks, so hopefully that will help.
    What size generator would you recommend? When the AC kicks on, it seemed to bog down the 3500w right at first. I was thinking of getting a 4,000watt but if i need to get 2 window units, i'm worried it will not run both of them.
    Would like to stay under $1,000.

I'd get a Champion 7500 at TSC for $850. I have been running a 3500 for about 8 years now and it starts up the first pull everytime. Good friend has the 4k and it's the same way. They also have the 9200w on sale right now for $1080.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the champion 7500 and have been very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
        I have the champion 7500 and have been very pleased.
        how loud is it and does the wheel kit help when moving?
        200lbs is pretty hefty!!

Comment

We run the Champion 7500 as well. Push button start. Running it last three years. Oil Changes twice a year.

The wheel kit helps, but we are only storing it about 50 from where we use it.

Comment

I use a Westinghouse 4000 watt. Runs great and provides plenty of power.

Comment

Very easy to move on flat ground once wheels are assembled. It has a handle that folds out of the way to help with moving. It’s not quiet like an inverter, but about the same as any other 6000-7500 in this category. You can compare dba levels from the manufacturer spec sheets, and from what I’ve seen, they are all about the same.

Comment

Once spray foamed I don't think you will need nearly as much AC as you have now. My guess you can drop to two 5-6000 btu and stay with a 3500...

Comment

Pretty impressed with the new Firman generator we got for the fish camp. Check them out for sure. https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com...rmance-series/

Your 3500 is probably bogging just on startup as it kicks on, yeah? If so no biggie. Our old Champion 3500/4000 used to do that and run fine afterwards. We bought this one though, 3650/4550 and it's smooth as butter the whole time. https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com...erator-p03608/ The remote start is nice, keyfob has quite an impressive range.

Comment

Go with a 7Kw Honda Inverter Generator and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Go with a 7Kw Honda Inverter Generator and be done with it.
                      If my check book was unlimited it would!!🤣

Comment

I have a 3500 w honda generator I'm no longer needing. PM me if interested in buying. Just had it serviced. It's on wheels also

Comment

I like my harbor freight 9000kw

Comment

Predator from HF hands down the best bang for your buck. Got one stays in the desert of west Texas, never have done anything to it except put gas and gas treatment in it. Starts 2-3 pulls every time even after sitting all summer.

Comment

Generator

My son told me about the Predator generators at Harbor Freight. He’s used them successfully at job sites. Apparently some Chinese guys reverse engineered a Honda generator and build them to sell cheaper.

Harbor Freight offers a replacement warranty if it breaks.

Consumer Reports recommends them.

Can a Harbor Freight Generator really beat a Honda that costs twice as much? In Consumer Reports' recreational inverter generator face-off, find out whether the lower-priced Harbor Freight Predator generator performs as well as or better than a Honda model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X