2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Select Baseball

I figured it was time to change the year LOL! So I reposted it.
    I can tell select ball is right around the corner. Parents and kids jumping team to team and parents calling every coach within reach LOL! Love the select world and how people act. I have heard of players jumping all over the map the last few days trying out at different teams, sure glad mine is set and ready to go. See you boys soon at the fields...

Glad my son is in his sr year of high school and getting ready for college ball. Been there seen all that you mentioned above. I've met some great people in select ball and some not so great. I've always said if you want to know how a person really is be on a hunting lease or a select baseball team with them. We were fortunate to be part of two great organizations for the last couple of years.

Comment

In

Comment

My son will be playing select for the first time this year. Its 10u and no travel just local league and local tournaments. I'm sure this will be a learning experience for the whole family.

Comment

In.
          Boys got about 5 new-ish players joining them with the goal of being major before march.
          Played open tourneys during fall and they handled their own against some really good teams with our outfield consisting of some kids that are still developing but really werent ready yet.
          Picked up some studs during tryouts and doing a scrimmage with a mic of our core and our black team against team texas team ( which consists amusingly enough of 4 boys from that same black team)
          Gonna be fun if weather lets us... then full team practice starts next week.
          Big goals for this year both team and personally.
          Tan is sooo ready to get back on the field.
          Good luck to ya'll

Comment

Glad to see familiar faces!

Unless the kiddo decides to change his mind, I think we will be skipping baseball this Spring. Coach didn't like Jax's bat, and decided to go in a different direction. It was hard for Jax, but it is what it is. As a 12 yr old, we don't really want to jump to another team. He has been offered 2 spots, but he hasn't shown much excitement for either of them.

He is still playing basketball now and will start an agility/speed course that we found for him. Joining a 7v7 football team with what will be the QB of his 7th grade school team in the Fall. He is pumped about that.

Can't say I will miss much, lol. Will definitely keep following to see how the little guys I've now heard about for years fair. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Glad to see familiar faces!

Unless the kiddo decides to change his mind, I think we will be skipping baseball this Spring. Coach didn't like Jax's bat, and decided to go in a different direction. It was hard for Jax, but it is what it is. As a 12 yr old, we don't really want to jump to another team. He has been offered 2 spots, but he hasn't shown much excitement for either of them.

He is still playing basketball now and will start an agility/speed course that we found for him. Joining a 7v7 football team with what will be the QB of his 7th grade school team in the Fall. He is pumped about that.

Can't say I will miss much, lol. Will definitely keep following to see how the little guys I've now heard about for years fair. Good Luck!
              Wow man, that's crazy. Hopefully it all works out

Comment

Was a cool little minicamp with some scrimmages.
                And by cool i mean 45 degrees with steady 20mph wind from north that didnt let up all day...
                Boys had a blast.. parents froze arses off trying to find a wind screen..
                Buddy heater did nothing.
                Still was good to be back at fields and watch the boy do what he lives for.

Comment

Yep 3 days until first practice. Time to get on the field start the long toss program and get them boys ready!

Comment

My son starts practice Feb 1st. I’m ready to see him get after it again

Comment

Good luck guys I’ll be following along. Not sure if kid will throw any this Summer but he goes out and works out ith his select organization still. He went today and I stopped by. As good to see familiar faces.

Comment

We have our first Parent meeting/team practice today.

Comment

Pretty good episode here, they have the head coach for Flower Mound Marcus and one of the coaches form the Stix organization, talking about select and HS baseball. The 2mins from 1:15:30 to 1:17:30 may be the best part of it.

Comment

Was a good episode.

Comment

My son is playing 13U this year and I really couldnt give two sharts about baseball this spring I just cant get remotely excited about it. I'm burnt out from all the blowing and going and would 10000% rather us just go fishing. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this and am becoming "get off my lawn" guy. Either way, I'm tired of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X