• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick hunt in the snow this morning.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats guys on this morning's hunts!

Comment

North Texas Opener this weekend! Cant wait to get this season started!

Comment

Lots more birds this year vs last year this time for sure. Scouted around 200 birds on a hole yesterday. Ready to go

Comment

Got a question for you veteran Duck hunters. I’ve been a deer hunter for 35 years and had never been duck hunting in my life until the last day of the 2017 season and I’m hooked. So I still have a lot to learn. My question is I’ve got a local private 4 acre tank that I have sole permission to duck hunt. It’s not my only spot but it’s my honey hole. Now yesterday I go check it out and see plenty of ducks so should I hunt it Saturday morning or should I let it stay idle in hopes that more ducks will come in. I guess really what I want to know is if left alone will most of those ducks stay for awhile and new ones just add to the #s or will they leave and others come in like a revolving door. I’d just like to get the most productive hunting over the course of the season out of that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure it matters but this is in Waco area

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                Got a question for you veteran Duck hunters. I’ve been a deer hunter for 35 years and had never been duck hunting in my life until the last day of the 2017 season and I’m hooked. So I still have a lot to learn. My question is I’ve got a local private 4 acre tank that I have sole permission to duck hunt. It’s not my only spot but it’s my honey hole. Now yesterday I go check it out and see plenty of ducks so should I hunt it Saturday morning or should I let it stay idle in hopes that more ducks will come in. I guess really what I want to know is if left alone will most of those ducks stay for awhile and new ones just add to the #s or will they leave and others come in like a revolving door. I’d just like to get the most productive hunting over the course of the season out of that spot.

Revolving door for anything north of I-10. Unless it's late in the season, plan that the birds you see today might not be there for long.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post

With the cold weather coming next week I would hunt because new ducks should show up. Remember ducks do reverse migrate during the season, If theres a warm trend then some ducks will go back north.

I also wouldnt linger around after getting a limit... pack up and leave so ducks can start trickling back in.

Comment

Ditto the above and don’t over hunt it. Maybe once a week if that unless we have multiple fronts come through in a given week. The ones that do stick around you don’t want to educate too much. Less is more if you know what I mean. I have multiple little holes I can hunt and try to rotate and one is off limits.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                        Ditto the above and don’t over hunt it. Maybe once a week if that unless we have multiple fronts come through in a given week. The ones that do stick around you don’t want to educate too much. Less is more if you know what I mean. I have multiple little holes I can hunt and try to rotate and one is off limits.
                        Agree, no more than once a week on that tank.

Question, did you see the birds there morning, mid-day, or late evening?

Just a tip, if you get their and they fly off. Just cover up and wait. They will trickle back in.

I'm south of Waco and no one to hunt with Saturday, if you want to give me an invite for Saturday morning.

Comment

I wouldn’t fly a small plane over north Arkansas, tonight.

Our season doesn’t open until the 23rd, but it looks like the opener should be pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            I wouldn’t fly a small plane over north Arkansas, tonight.

Our season doesn’t open until the 23rd, but it looks like the opener should be pretty good!

Hopefully the snows pile back in there. Last year sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Hopefully the snows pile back in there. Last year sucked.
                              They’re coming over in droves, tonight. I hate them. Seems like a lot of them have left before conservation last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                Agree, no more than once a week on that tank.

Question, did you see the birds there morning, mid-day, or late evening?

Just a tip, if you get their and they fly off. Just cover up and wait. They will trickle back in.

I'm south of Waco and no one to hunt with Saturday, if you want to give me an invite for Saturday morning.

Thanks guys I’ve got enough other spots and with deer hunting too. If I hunt it Saturday I wouldn’t go back for 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X