No announcement yet.

Scotch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine during the Holidays when they do the boxed sets with glasses. I think it was Dewars that had the soft silicon ice ball maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      In light of the last pic, can anyone recommend a good whisky ice ball maker?
      I got a double one from HEB (IIRC) and i have to really bust it open to get my balls out.

I normally buy bagged ice balls but the silicone one my wife bought me last Christmas does well in a pinch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$25000, scotch! Thats impressive…made my mouth water

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          I am partial to The Famous Grouse . I do not care for the Laphroaig, I prefer the Balvenie or Macallen. Try a few and experiment with ice, water or neat and find one that works for you.
          Famous Grouse is the most popular scotch in Scotland.

Comment

I got a double one from HEB (IIRC) and i have to really bust it open to get my balls out.
            I hate busting my balls

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              Tried scotch for the first time this week when a colleague ordered Laphroaig at a dinner and it was delicious. I picked up a bottle of the 10 year on my way home the same evening. Considering I know absolutely nothing scotch and the Laphroaig 10 was the first and still only one I’ve tasted, are they all so smoky? Saw they also offer an 18 year, anyone had both - if so, curious to know how they compare. From those who also enjoy the Laphroaig, any others worth trying?
              If you like Laphroaig you are already spoiled!

It wasn't my favorite the first few times I tried it, has a long finish as they say but I appreciate it now.

Macallan 18 Double Cask is my go-to.

Comment

The first time I snuck some of my grandpa's scotch it tasted like like someone put their cigarette out in it. I prefer less smoky Speyside like Aberlour and Glen Moray Port Cask.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  From those who also enjoy the Laphroaig, any others worth trying?
                  Talisker 10 is my favorite followed by Laphoaig 10.

Both will put hair on your chest!

Comment

If you want to get away from the smokiness and peat flavors, which is typical of your Islays (Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Talisker, etc.), look more at Speysides and Highlands. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Balvenie, Aberlour, MacAllan, Highland Park.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      I am partial to The Famous Grouse
                      That bird does good work!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        A good cask finished Highland scotch is my preferred libation when I'm enjoying my favorite cigar. Glenmorangie 14yr, Bunnahabhain 12 Year Whisky, Dalmore 12 and Tomatin 12 are my go to's that don't break the bank. Stay with Highland scotches to get away from woody and smoky flavors. Sherry or Port wine cask finished are best with a good cigar.
                        Dalmore straight up!
                        A man of true taste right here!!!

Comment

I've learned that they taste very different neat. I love a good peaty smokey one neat like Laphroaig 10. Dalmore 12 is my goto over ice. Anymore I just go neat.

Comment

Scotch is an acquired taste for sure. I didn't care for it 20 years ago, but have sort of grown into it. I don't drink it too often, so I prefer to put a few hundred down on a decent bottle rather than going cheaper for quantity. I prefer the highlands as well and my go to ones have been Dalmore 18 and Macallan 18; both of which are moderately priced in the $250-$400 range. At a lower price point, I agree that the Glenlivets and Glenfiddich are ok and going down to the 12-14 aged mark is still palatable.

Comment

Lagavulin or Oban are my go to single malts.

Comment

Just bring it over to my house and I’ll help you with it. I have a special hammer for just this sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X