Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    Decided to check out the rest of the hunt areas, don’t want to stay in one spot when there’s lots more to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using

TrueTapatalk

True,how many days will u be out there hunting?

Comment

Plan is this evening and tomorrow till Lunch. Got set up on a meadow that I really like and a doe started to feed at 76 yards while I was setting up my chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
        I’m on my way down now. If anyone wants to have a beer after the evening hunt and hopefully exchange some success stories.
        I would be up for a beer.

Comment

Had something spook behind, turned to look and something real big was trotting off. Almost looked to big to be a whitetail. That doe got to 18 yards but she was behind some brush and no shot. She saw me and trotted off but didn’t blow.

Comment

Was watching a fawn and she bolted, then a guy on a bike came riding by about 150 yards away. Which one of y’all is that? Lol

Comment

^^^ Interesting, last I had heard bikes were not allowed… this was a few years back. Are you in area one? Was the person on the bike a hunter or just riding??

Comment

He had a bow strapped to his back pack, started off in 3 and I’m in 2 now.

Comment

Anybody else out? It’s dead right now but feels nice out. Definitely looking forward to the colder weather hunts soon.

Comment

I know where you're at.

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    ^^^ Interesting, last I had heard bikes were not allowed… this was a few years back. Are you in area one? Was the person on the bike a hunter or just riding??
                    I hope they're allowed, we rode them all over last year lol. Regular bikes not ebikes.

Comment

Had a small 4 point come up to about 10 yards. Deer must not see blue, I’m sitting in a blue Walmart chair lol

Comment

Not much happening in 5. Anyone seen any mouflon or aoudad this year?

Comment

I brought my bike but didn’t ride it today, I was going to go ask at the park office but when I went by it was closed. I don’t remember seeing anything about no bikes but I wasn’t sure so left it on the truck.

Comment

I’m not far from there. But the deer have not been on camera in 2 weeks. Lots of pigs though

Comment

Fellas, I would not worry about the bike thing specifically if it’s not posted. When I asked it was some years back. At the time, NPS had taped a paper near the entrance of area one stating bikes were not allowed. I had ridden my mountain bike in the hunt areas for a several years prior to that. No one had ever told me other wise including the park rangers I had encountered.

At the time I was riding my bike for the sake of riding and not using it to get around during hunting season. I forget exactly what they told me, but it had something to do with the trails being meant for hiking/bird watching. the park administrator was reviewing rules/policies and was contemplating changing the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                                I’m not far from there. But the deer have not been on camera in 2 weeks. Lots of pigs though
                                Do you hunt land bordering the lake? Just curious as the pigs were making a hard push along the river heading down river towards the lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X