Tilden dove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilden dove?

I have a dove hunt coming up next weekend, just curious if I should bring extra shells or more beer.

I would bring both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good numbers down here in Falfurrias.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
        I would bring both.
        agreed, can never have too much of either.

Comment

Our place just south of Tilden was pretty loaded a couple weeks ago. A couple feeders have so many that they clean up the corn before dark in the evenings.

Comment

^^^ those dove still around?

My buddy lives in town and works on a few places. Said birds are scarce the areas he’s around.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              ^^^ those dove still around?

My buddy lives in town and works on a few places. Said birds are scarce the areas he’s around.
              I'll let you know Monday. lol

Comment

I came through Tilden yesterday. Didn’t see a lot of birds. Some pockets had a decent amount. Could be hit or miss.

Comment

Always better to have more of each just in case lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblock78 View Post
                    Always better to have more of each just in case lol.
                    Spotty numbers means be prepared both ways!

Comment

“It’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.” I think, in your case, this might apply to both.

Over the last few years, we have seen a steady decrease in the number of birds on our place in Central Texas (it’s on the outskirts of town and development is encroaching). In spite of this, we went out on Opening Day anyway and, for whatever reason, the birds were flying like we haven’t seen in years!

So, what I’m saying is, take plenty of both, because you just never know.

Comment

More beer unless your are on a really good field - our little place right outside Tilden was covered up until all the rain - they gone! But you never know, they have to come back some time.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                          More beer unless your are on a really good field - our little place right outside Tilden was covered up until all the rain - they gone! But you never know, they have to come back some time.
                          They’ll be back in between the regular and late season

Comment

Buddy hunted north of Tilden 13 miles yesterday and slammed them.

Comment

Came through Tilden Sunday and noticed a fair amount of birds. bring xtra beer & shells.

Comment

Working...
                              X