Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to include in your dream shop build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to include in your dream shop build?

If you were building your dream shop, what are some things you would include? Looking for all types of tips. Especially interested in things to include during the process that can't be added later (like sleeves under slab for future use). Would also love to see some pics of your buildings!

A lift!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bathroom with a shower.

Comment

Helped my dad build his 2014- it’s 40x80 with the front shop area about a third of that is finished- insulated, AC, heat and ceiling fans. Taller sidewalls/overhead doors should have been taller. There is a 4 post car lift and it gets tight.
        Floor drains, bathroom and shower are great. Air compressor is in back in a little room we built for that, the well and the furnace.
        Hot water outside would be nice as well as more lighting outside.
        I wish we’d have put a small winch/hoist in the ceiling for deer, and unloading heavy stuff.
        A few more outlets, as well as cord drops from the ceiling. We’ll probably add a large stainless sink and an epoxy floor this year.
        We use it to work on boats, old cars, farm equipment, some welding and wood projects as well as a butcher shop and place to get together for cook outs and whatnot.
        There’s also a hidden room off of the bathroom that holds safes and hunting gear.
        Last edited by Txtourist; 03-17-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Lots of outlets. Make sure you can run anything from normal power equipment to welders to campers.

Comment

At least two, two post lifts, at least one big four post, drive on lift. A nice up draft paint booth. The biggest Superflow flow bench, then a Superflow engine dyno. Then a Mustang chassis dyno. A nice well organized engine assembly room, right next to the dyno room. Then a transmission building room. All of these would have lots of lighting. Then above all of these rooms would be parts storage area. Then a complete machine shop, engine boring machine, Sunnen engine hone, line boring machine, crank grinder, block and head decking machine. A Serdi seat cutter and valve cutter. Then a five axis CNC mill, and a nice CNC lathe. Then have a area set up in the machine shop to port heads and intakes.

Then a nice big water cooled TIG with all types of torches and cups, a dry storage for rods and wire. Then stock it with about every type of rod and wire I might ever use. Then a nice MIG. Then a bit diesel stick welder, generator on a trailer to work on fences or whatever outside. Then a nice sheet metal break, sheet metal shear, an English wheel. Then definitely a nice tubing bender and a very nice tubing notcher. Then a nice heavy duty rotisserie. Then a area inside the shop for a blasting cabinet, parts steam cleaner. Then a place to store a soda blaster, then a area outside the shop to blast parts or cars.

Then I would need a laser table and a powder coating oven and the powder coating gear.

Then a large fridge to store food and drinks in and maybe even a bar. Might as well get a gas grille too.

Then out in the shop, enough room off to one side to use as a indoor archery or small caliber gun range. With a archery back stop and a bullet trap. So when I want a break and it's either cold and windy outside or raining, I can shoot my bow. That or test out a new gun I just built. With a archery back stop and a bullet trap.
            Then plenty of room to store about eight vehicles, maybe twenty vehicles. I would be good at that point. Then I would need this shop sitting in the middle of 10,000 ac. out in west or south Texas. With signs warning trespassers they will be lucky to make it out alive.

I think would be set at that point, I would be able to do most anything I ever want to do.

Comment

Air lines ran to various places and hose reels.

Comment

Mop sink

Comment

Following about to break ground on a 16 x 24/28 shed!

Comment

Somebody to clean it Good doors.

Comment

The 4 post lift I put in my garage was one of my best investments. Wish I would have went with hot water out there also but may add that soon. Plenty of outlets, both 110 and 220. Also a place for a TV and beer fridge

Comment

I have a 40x50 and eventually want add a loft similar to this but all the way across.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Twice as big as you think should be 'big enough'. No matter how large it is, you will outgrow it in short order.

Comment

Spray foam insulation

Comment

I built mine 30x40x16....wish I would’ve went twice as big!! Only other regret I have, is not putting a toilet and shower in. I did use drop ceiling, so adding wiring is a breeze. Definitely put in 12x12 roll up doors. I’ll try to add some pics of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X