Another water well question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another water well question

We have a house on the Nueces River and the well water is very hard (really really hard). To me it tastes salty.

Curious if most well water can be filtered to make potable. And if so what types of systems do that and roughly how much do they cost? Are they easy to maintain?

we put one in last year - sent the water off to get analysis of what all was in it - we were lucky in that the water was excellent.

Yes you can buy filters but I would have it tested first - make sure there are no residual pesticides, etc.

Comment

I used a meter I bought on Amazon to get tds
      It was like 2000 plus

I use a big blue inline filter and water is much improved and filters are cheap

Comment

Well water at our lease in Webb county is as salty as Galveston bay... Is there a filter system that will remove dissolved salts like that?

Comment

I ordered a filter on Sunday, it should be here today.

https://www.aquasana.com/whole-house...lon-well-water

I also added on the water conditioner. $2001 to my door.
          I'll let you know how it works after it's running for a few weeks.

Comment

I just had a filtration system installed. My issue was bacterial iron in the water. My filter guy said any water can be filtered to be potable.

Comment

It’s important to find out what’s actually in it, but if its mainly hardness, then a good high-capacity softener with a pre-filter to catch the big solids will probably make it at least drinkable.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Well water at our lease in Webb county is as salty as Galveston bay... Is there a filter system that will remove dissolved salts like that?
                Reverse osmosis filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  I ordered a filter on Sunday, it should be here today.

https://www.aquasana.com/whole-house...lon-well-water

I also added on the water conditioner. $2001 to my door.
                  I'll let you know how it works after it's running for a few weeks.
                  How do you like it?

Comment

Years ago when we moved to Bayside, our water was very salty, although very soft. We installed an under sink reverse osmosis system and it worked great! With hard water, you might need to consider also adding a softener system also if you choose the RO system. Just saying
                    ...... cC

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
                      Years ago when we moved to Bayside, our water was very salty, although very soft. We installed an under sink reverse osmosis system and it worked great! With hard water, you might need to consider also adding a softener system also if you choose the RO system. Just saying
                      ...... cC

What is the capacity of the unit you installed? Any link or lead as to brand/model/cost??
                      Thx!
                      We BADLY need one at our deer camp!! Speckled trout would thrive in the Pilars on the ranch the water is so salty!!

Comment

Working...
                      X