Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are looking for a Unicorn with a $ 3000.00 budget

Comment

On 3 acres my Cub Cadet is 8 years old and still going. Has regular oil changes.

Comment

I picked up a Hustler 60” zero turn, used, for $3000. Only had 40 hours on it. I mow 14 acres with it. Couldn’t be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
          I picked up a Hustler 60” zero turn, used, for $3000. Only had 40 hours on it. I mow 14 acres with it. Couldn’t be happier.
          14 acres

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            14 acres
            14 is a little exaggerated, truthfully. We own 14, but much is wooded. I’m probably mowing 7.

Comment

Troy, have you considered getting credit with the Yard Card and making payments on a new mower? I know debt is not fun but at least you’d be starting with something new (with a warranty) that you could do maintenance on and keep track of.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                14 is a little exaggerated, truthfully. We own 14, but much is wooded. I’m probably mowing 7.
                I own 10 acres and have to mow about 7 total acres myself but can’t imagine mowing that much with a zero turn. I own a tractor and brush hog and it still takes me about a day and a half to get it all done.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  I own 10 acres and have to mow about 7 total acres myself but can’t imagine mowing that much with a zero turn. I own a tractor and brush hog and it still takes me about a day and a half to get it all done.
                  I have too many trees to do it any other way. I quarter it off, in my mind, and do a quarter at a time, every couple days. Too me it’s a good stress release from a day working. I have a light bar on it too, so night time isn’t a problem either. I love living where I’m at so I just look at it as “what needs to be done”.

Comment

There are several brands that will do what you need but $3000 won’t touch any of them.

With de decent credit you can get 0% interest on some of them though.

Comment

I bought a Craftsman around 96 that lasted almost 20 years (probably would have lasted longer if my teenage son hadn't been operating it) but I doubt the new ones would last that long.

Comment

I got a Hustler last year and love it. No issues so far. I have just over an acre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                            Has anyone had an opportunity to see a JD sold at Lowe’s vs a JD sold at an ag equipment store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Buy a John Deere from a John Deere dealer. The box store versions are not the same. My neighbor used my JD X300 and then went to Home Depot and bought one of their "E" Series against my suggestion. They're nothing alike. He knows that now and wishes he'd have dropped the extra change.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a hustler for almost 10 years. About all I’ve ever done is change the oil and blades. Zero issues and I am not gentle on my equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                Love my Gravely.
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X