MOWER that will last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOWER that will last?

I Live on 1 acre but use the surrounding 3 acres. I have an agreement that I keep them mower during growing season. My issue is I have used 3 riding mowers now and all have broken down and not holding up. I have mine in the repair shop now again and saying the transmission has gone out... Im trying to find somthing reliable or a zero turn Im new to mowing larger areas... I plan on at tax time buying a mower with a budget of $3000. I would also consider a compact tractor... please give your opinions...

1 ferris
    2 gravely

Comment

What kind of brush you have growing? Mainly grass? Small shrubs? I have a John Deere riding mower that’s great I think I’ve had it for about 2 years now and I only just replaced the blade due to the edges started bending up. If it’s thicker shrubs and grass a small tractor with a shredder always works!

Comment

Bad Boy from my nephew Michael. He works for Hoffpauir Polaris in Goldthwaite. They have a web site. He will work with you. Financing, delivering, etc. Tell him uncle Mark said to holler at him.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
          What kind of brush you have growing? Mainly grass? Small shrubs? I have a John Deere riding mower that’s great I think I’ve had it for about 2 years now and I only just replaced the blade due to the edges started bending up. If it’s thicker shrubs and grass a small tractor with a shredder always works!
          Its just open fields no brush but ground is ruff from horses being on when muddy. I USUALLY MOW 2 times a week during growing season.

Comment

Budget and last do not go hand in hand with lawnmowers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my Gravely.

Comment

I’ve had a Bad Boy for 10 years. Pretty much no issues whatsoever, except cleaning the carb once. It’s been a great mower, but will be over $3k.

Comment

I picked up a used eXmark with 400 hours and it will last me the rest of my days.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    I picked up a used eXmark with 400 hours and it will last me the rest of my days.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                    I know nothing on hours to how many years its been worked... hours that high dont scare you?

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my Scag. No issues at all.

Comment

I believe most of the brands will last if you take care of them and do your part.

I’m partial to green and yellow.

Comment

I have a Kubota zero turn and love it. Been running strong for over 6 years. Right at your budget and they have zero percent financing and a full bumper to bumper warranty durning payment term.

Comment

We have a 2006 Husqvarna 46” Koehler replaced the motor around 250 hours due to a design flaw. Mower has about 450 hours total. It has been seriously abused but only replaced the belt once and a couple sets of blades. Did have to do some welding repair on the deck due to slamming the mower into the vertical pipe on the fence line.

My next mower will be another husqvarna.

Comment

When I worked at a driving range I used an exmark. I mowed the 26 acres with it weekly and this wasn’t a smooth fairway condition driving range just a pasture. It had some power too. At times I would be mowing several acres that were 4ft plus with weeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X