Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on boat for one trip on trailer that is not registered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big of a boat ? can you pull it up on another trailer if your that worried about It , or maybe put "in tow" on the back since its a one way pull ?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I'll go out on a limb and suggest getting the tags current would be the easiest and best solution.
      It would be but I’m just taking the boat to a buyer, if I was keeping it tags would already be current.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        Don't get caught. I wouldn't want to make crap up on that if you do get pulled over. I would rather risk the tags that are on there before I went that route.
        I don’t want to either, hence the reason I will not just swap a tag. It’s easier to figure out the right thing to do then get caught doing the wrong thing intentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
          It would be but I’m just taking the boat to a buyer, if I was keeping it tags would already be current.
          How much are new tags?

How much is a ticket?

Comment

How much are new tags?

How much is a ticket?
            30 day temp is 25 bucks- ticket is more than I intend to have to pay. I think that is my route and intention. I am just feeling out if there is a better, honest, way to do it.

Comment

Tell them you’re a farmer

Comment

You are talking $75 or so for tags. Just go get tags

Comment

Do ya feel lucky ? Well do ya ? I would just do it, if you were to get pulled over just explain the situation to the officer, he may let you slide.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and suggest getting the tags current would be the easiest and best solution.
                    Yeah, but what do you know. Sup Charles?

OP, just hook up to the sucker and get to pullin.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      Drive it and hope you don’t get a ticket.
                      Yep....or swap tags out on another trailer for the trip! Not like they are gonna write MF on your ticket. Grow a pair son!

Comment

Get a one way and if you get pulled over just say you didn't know. We put the one way on multiple trailers and camper things when we moved leases. Didn't get pulled over.

Comment

Just take it to the buyer. If you get stopped tell the truth, that you are taking it to it’s new owner. Most LEO’s are good guys if you shoot them a straight arrow. You probably won’t get stopped anyway but avoid high traffic times, especially school zones during active periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Yep....or swap tags out on another trailer for the trip! Not like they are gonna write MF on your ticket. Grow a pair son!
                            Thank you for that candid advice on how to be a man....

Thanks guys I’ve got a plan together, always good to hear opinions, we’ll most of the time.

Comment

I know a lot of people who don't even put tags on boat trailers because they get stolen. Most never have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                I know a lot of people who don't even put tags on boat trailers because they get stolen. Most never have issues.
                                I haven't in a long time. Just pull it really fast and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X