No announcement yet.

White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a report on the Nolan river?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Where at in Centex? I am in Waco, but from SWLA. I'm a coach so off summersand always trying to go to the coast.

I also fish lake waco 3-5 times a week.

Been hearing a few reports males are in the rivers around austin, but this cold snap should shut them off a week or so though. No reports off waco yet, water is really cold, muddy, and high from all the rain this year.
      I'm down in Austin. I fish the coast a bit year round. Its tough this time of year since the weather is so unpredictable. Summer is better. Its usually just a decision on the wind and whether its a inshore or offshore day.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizen View Post
        I'm down in Austin. I fish the coast a bit year round. Its tough this time of year since the weather is so unpredictable. Summer is better. Its usually just a decision on the wind and whether its a inshore or offshore day.
        Yep. Spring is tough fishing. Let me know if you want to get after them. Shoot me a pm. Another couple weeks I'll be back to hitting waco a few times a week. Granger fishing can be good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
          Do y’all eat those , I tried them once, kinda muddy, fishy tasting
          Trim the blood line out and they are just as good as any other freshwater fish.

Comment

Love the photos. I grew up fishing Reimers and camping out down there. Henry's up by the falls always had the best fishing. Either seining up spot tails or tying my own buck tail jigs. If the red buds are blooming the white bass are running. I got a Kayak last year but had elbow surgery. So I have a Kayak all ready to go this year and I am going to try to catch a run somewhere near Austin. Glad to see someone out catching the whites. Probably my favorite fishing.

Comment

Fished the trinity on Tuesday. 3 of us caught 30 fish. Most were males but a few were females. We were using spoons and roadrunners. No live bait.

Comment

They ain’t terrible. Decent for a fish fry. You have to cut the blood line out of them.

Comment

Wash the fillets in a bucket with a water hose. Spray the water hard in the bucket to make it swirl like a vortex until the water turns cloudy. Pour out water and repeat until water doesn’t turn cloudy. They taste great!!!

Comment

For a quick meal I lay the washed clean fillets on a stoneware plate, cover them in butter, pour over the top of the buttered fillet crushed garlic croutons, a dash of Tony Chahere's Creole seasoning and microwave for about 3-5 min depending upon fillet thickness and strength of the microwave.Cook till it flakes apart easily with a fork.

Comment

Very nice congratulations

Comment

Cut filets up into strips, poaching in crab boil, chill overnight and dip into cocktail sauce.
                        Redneck poorboy shrimp!

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Im DFW area and have been religiously checking some known spots... They are NOT doing it yet here, those guys must be significantly further south.

I actually checked Tuesday, some gizzards were around and some black bass, I caught two, but whites werent there yet.

I'm beting this cold pushes up back a bit... 2 weeks out minimum unless we get that 80 and sunny weather for like a week.

3rd week of Feb will be a start... I'll report if I find any sooner
                          We're catching some. Some plum full of eggs too. Not full bore yet but should be crazy in the next week or so.

Comment

They taste great!
                            Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                            Fished the trinity on Tuesday. 3 of us caught 30 fish. Most were males but a few were females. We were using spoons and roadrunners. No live bait.
                            Good report. I got on them good last year but the Trinity has been way up! Looks like it is trying to get right.

Last year in late Feb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              They taste great! Good report. I got on them good last year but the Trinity has been way up! Looks like it is trying to get right.

Last year in late Feb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              UUmmmm Johnny, I am pretty sure that you are fishing in my spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                                Wash the fillets in a bucket with a water hose. Spray the water hard in the bucket to make it swirl like a vortex until the water turns cloudy. Pour out water and repeat until water doesn’t turn cloudy. They taste great!!!
                                This is what we do. They have a real oily meat. Wash good and remove blood line. They fry up great.

Comment

Working...
                                X