Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunflower seeds

Comment

I used the patches and a straw. using a straw as a cigarette. the patches were a 4 step processand after the third step I was done. that was 23yrs ago. just make your mind up you're done and it will be easier.

Comment

Just think of how you will die if you don’t stop.

Pretty much like being obese.

Self cure.

Comment

Chantix plus exercising

Comment

Very time you feel the need ..take a short walk...if you can. Drink lots of water to help flush the stuff out and back off the coffee. 18 years since my cold turkey

Comment

I smoked a pack to two packs a day of Marlboro reds for ~35 years. I quit cold turkey and yesterday was 17 weeks without a smoke. You have to want to quit. It's all in your head. It sucks bad for the first week but you have to stick with the plan or it won't work.

Comment

I quit snuff cold turkey. Like everyone else says when you want to quit bad enough you will. I told myself every day how much I disliked dipping and how disgusting it was. After several weeks I quit and it was easy. Been snuff free for almost 5 years now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

make it about that something more important you mentioned!
                  Or, make it about a loved one...…..wife, children, grandchildren.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    make it about that something more important you mentioned!
                    Or, make it about a loved one...…..wife, children, grandchildren.
                    The lady who would become my wife and mother of our daughter walked into the apartment one day after work while we were dating and told me it was either the smokes or her. I stopped that day after having smoked from ages 14 till 38. Hardest part was the next few weeks when I'd open a beer, Bud Light and Marlboro go sooooooo good together.

OP you just have to decide what's more important to you.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Just think of how you will die if you don’t stop.

Pretty much like being obese.

Self cure.
                      Lol... and there’s that.

Comment

Cold turkey. Nicotine withdrawal is 72 hours, everything else is mental. Look down the road and picture yourself laying in a hospital bed surrounded by family, knowing that smoking is the main contributor. Worked for me. But I know one size doesn’t fit all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The truth is you have to have the inner most desire to quit. If you don't have that, there is not a gimmick/drug/reason etc. in the world that's going to do it for you.

Simply put, it starts and ends with you.

Comment

Cold turkey. Use patches, gum, whatever. Also helps to eat a lot of fruit and take a multivitamin for about ten days. Also, do it when you go on vacation.

Comment

Cold turkey, and plenty of gum. A struggle for the first month. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                                Lol... and there’s that.
                                Sorry if that’s harsh! I don’t understand “habits” that can’t be overcome. Lost a child to one, so my opinion is harsh and perhaps skewed.

Comment

Working...
                                X