No announcement yet.

Kicking the habit - any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. You can do it too. One day at a time at first. The. It gets easier. Take that money you save and buy you a hunt. I’ve gone on a guided axis hunt for the last five years life is good.

Comment

Start by replacing it wirh something else thats a habiual thing. For me it was sunflower seeds, but starting with something that's easy to go to and available most any time. Kind of like a good anchor when shooting a bow, something repeatable to replace your last habit. Then phase that out with other habits and things to do with the moeny you save.

Comment

Throw em out of the window and suck it up.
        Of course being a pallbearer for a couple of you best friends that succumbed to lung cancer can give you incentive to quit.

Comment

I finally realized if I didn't quit, it would catch up to me eventually. I used a vape with really high nicotine level for about 6 months, and decided to stop that. It's been a few years now, and I don't crave either. Good luck!

Comment

I’m in the middle of going cold turkey on red man . Had to go cold turkey on energy drinks too . Was drinking 3 or more a day . That was harder then the red man for me .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              I’m in the middle of going cold turkey on red man . Had to go cold turkey on energy drinks too . Was drinking 3 or more a day . That was harder then the red man for me .

I need to kick the energy drinks too....one thing at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vaping saved me. I vaped before vaping was cool. Almost 10 years I’ve been vaping. Now I have no nicotine in it. Just out of habit. Went from a pack a day to nothing in weeks.

Comment

Everytime I have quit, which has been numerous times, it has always been cold turkey. Not sure how ling it has been since my last smoke but it is a daily fight to not start sgain. To me it is sll mental. Good luck in your fight!

Comment

Much prayer! Very much prayer, and total dependence on God’s strength. That’s the only way I was able to quit.

Comment

and more prayer...every time the urge to light up presents itself

Comment

I went cold turkey 2 years ago in sept. smoked for 30+years and had to quit or die. I quit on a hunting trip
                        to colorado. while we were to far to just run into town. set a goal from week to week or month to month and stick to it.
                        bad thing is I told myself the money saved from smoking I could spend on guns so I bought a big gun safe and have
                        just about filled it and still looking. the gun purchases have really helped me quit by turning smoke into a nice gun collection. I sure breath a lot better now.

Comment

Cold turkey. No cheating. Not even once.
                          Been smoke free about 15 years or so.

Comment

Three years ago, after chewing for almost 50 years I quit cold turkey. That's the best way.

Comment

Just make ur mind up and quit. It's a mind set. Just think of all the negatives of smoking. How much it costs, what it costs u in health and then think of all the good u can do with 3k a year. Make some house payments, vehicle payments, huntin and fishin gear u can buy. Hard habit to kick but u CAN DO IT!! Lots of support on here for ya. Good luck.

Comment

One craving at a time. Eventually they'll be less frequent and not as intense. The fist several days will suck. No two ways about it. But you can do it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X