Kicking the habit - any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking the habit - any advice?

Well, the time has come....time to quit smoking. Spending roughly $3k per year on cigarettes and that money could be better utilized elsewhere. Any advice from other who have quit the habit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape!!

Comment

Stay strong. Chew gum. Don’t be weak. Chew more gun

Comment

Chantix worked for me 3 times but after a couple of months I started up again each time. Had 2 teeth pulled in sept. with plans for implants so I needed bone grafts. Dentist told me if I kept smoking the grafts would probably fail. Bought nicotine gum and havent had a cig since. Chew the heck out of the gum though. My family Dr. said nicotine wont hurt. Its the delivery method(smoking) that is bad. $36 worth of gum lasts me over 2 weeks.

Comment

Chew gum and don't buy any cigerettes

Comment

Be resolute in your decision. In the beginning you will desire and think about smoking 99.9% of your waking hours. Over time that percentage will decrease. At a point you will pass the halfway point. If you are strong the pace will hasten and you will begin to be free. Any slip ups will set you back condiserably. I did it over 20 yrs ago. It was tough, but you only have to resist one cigarette, the one your are thinking about smoking.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

The day I decided to stop, I went to the store and bought a pack and put them in the glove box of my truck. I new if I didn’t have any I would crave them. About 8or 9 months later I threw them out unopened. That was 16 years ago and still smoke free, best and hardest thing I have done. Good luck, I hope you are able to kick it

Comment

It's like anything else you have to make up your mind you want to do it.
                once you've made up your mind that you want to do it then just do it don't let it beat you you beat it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Smoke an entire pack in an hour tonight, the sickness & taste will make you sick to the point you’ll not smoke again

Comment

Good luck! I’ll pray for everyone to quit to tobacco! Did Copenhagen for around 30 years, just decided to quit one day and never looked back. Have had a dip or two since when under the influence but the addiction is gone. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

For me what finally worked was telling myself that if I had one more I would die. I was overweight. Smoked too much. Drank too much and had high blood pressure. I had quit before but it never felt like it was permanent when I made that pledge it felt real. I wit on my 39th birthday on January 18th that will be ten years I haven’t had a cig since then. I haven’t drank in nearly two years and I have lost 150 pounds you can do it. You just have to make it serious and be willing to change your life. That’s what worked for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck

Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                          For me what finally worked was telling myself that if I had one more I would die. I was overweight. Smoked too much. Drank too much and had high blood pressure. I had quit before but it never felt like it was permanent when I made that pledge it felt real. I wit on my 39th birthday on January 18th that will be ten years I haven’t had a cig since then. I haven’t drank in nearly two years and I have lost 150 pounds you can do it. You just have to make it serious and be willing to change your life. That’s what worked for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck

Bud.

That’s incredibly awesome! My hats off to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bud--you are an inspiration and testimony to what will-power is about.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post

Bud.
                              That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X