No announcement yet.

Quitting the smokeless habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started dipping Copenhagen 1974. I dip bout 1/1.5 cans a day. Bought a can this morning and again the price went up. Decided New Years Eve im done.

Comment

I might try to quit today. I really don’t even enjoy it that much anymore. Just a habit.

Comment

I quit 3 years ago after a 15 year habit. If you can make it three days you got it whooped. I can promise you those few days of withdraws are well worth it in the end.

Comment

20 year habit. Been off it for 12 years. Only miss it when I pick up a shotgun or a fishing rod.....so I miss it a lot.

Comment

Good luck. I stopped cold turkey after 37 years of dipping. Next July will be 3 years. Only miss it after sex, so that's almost never.

Comment

Originally posted by ctburt0n View Post
              I have a lot of smoky mountain, gum & candy. I’ll make it. God willing.
              This is how I quit my 26 year habit 10 years ago. Stay focused and busy. Praying the Lord will give you the strength to endure.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Got a buddy of mine that hates me. I'll dip for a while and then just quit cold turkey. Wont pick up again for some time and then on a whim try it again. He's not able to do this.

Now the last time I quit, I'll admit. It had more to do with getting bad heart burn. Bad enough to make you cry. I've not had a dip in 10 years.

Comment

Cold turkey. Testament to it can be done. Good luck buddy.

Comment

I quit last New Years after almost a 20 year habit. I was up to 2 cans per day. One day at a time.

Comment

Any other place than HEB to get Smokey Mountain? I don’t have an HEB near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dipped copenhagen for 35 years, at least a can a day, I think I am on year 12 since I quit, it was just cold turkey, was not planned at all, just decided to throw it away one day, was rough for about a week, you can do it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                          Any other place than HEB to get Smokey Mountain? I don’t have an HEB near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Cheapest directly from them. I have ordered from Amazon when in a pinch. Pun intended.

Comment

If I can you can. Same situation. My son asked me why don't I quit and I didn't have an answer. So I dumped the can out on the ground. Never looked back. He was so happy to watch me quit. That's what pushed me. The first week is tough but it gets easier.
                            KillTheCan.org helped me. A lot of useful info and reviews on fake or mint snuffs. That's what I used. Plus they have a quit tracker to keep count of the days. Pretty Cool to watch the progress. Good luck

Comment

You got this. Lots of good motivation here. Keep it up!

Comment

cinnamon gum helped me before

Comment

Working...
                                X