Road treasure thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I found a handkerchief with Easttxhunter’s tears on it.
    [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Last night we were headed to downtown Houston for some dinner. One of my 15 year old twins was driving (learner’s permit). We were on Hwy59 right by the SanJac bridge when I see a Home Depot bucket on the white line separating her lane from the one to the right. It was on its side. It was full of 3” ratchet straps that had half fallen out. She saw it early and expertly avoided the obstacle.

Immediately, from the backseat, I hear “No, Curtis”. Nobody but my wife calls me Curtis, but the woman knows me well. I was trying, in my head, to figure out how to get a student driver across 4 lanes of traffic as quickly as possible, back up on the shoulder and then prepare for the getaway after my best Frogger imitation. Jen ruined a perfect opportunity to teach my girls a valuable lesson in “Highway Tool Acquisition”..... Women![emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Road treasures

Coming down 281 from Oklahoma and just North of Stephenville there is a 4 way stop. About a half mile after that is a Beretta blue shot gun case in between the lanes. I have a couple of them. I locked up and pulled over with trafic in both lanes. Jumped out and ran back to it, grabbed it to run back out of the road. My heart sank when I picked it up, it was empty. looked inside when I got home and it had all the manuals for a 391 but nothing else. Had to laugh at myself.

Comment

Saw a cooler slide out of an amigo’s truck last year. He kept going and I stopped. It was full of bud light and topo Chico’s. Ice cold ones.

Comment

I found out a pot belly pig can out run me.............

Comment

I found a 40 ft chain on I-10 near Baton Rouge. I find hand tools all the time and never pass them up. Last week I nabbed an almost brand new roll of duct tape.

For the record none of them had any one's name or initials or phone numbers on them so I couldn't return them but I put them to good to use!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing crazy just some good hand tools, extension cords, chains, ratchet straps. 150 quart igloo out of someone's boat with the snap on vinyl cushion, no beer just a little ice a Ziploc of fresh fruit.
                Saw a fold down ramp on 59 last week that would have been a nice addition to my lowboy but I couldn't figure out how to get it in my little Hyundai commuter car.

Comment

I’ve found a few things things I remember off top of head...

8’ folding ladder, 16’ extending ladder, envelope with 20 $20bills, a single $20 fluttering down center turn lane, a lifetime cooler, husky channel locks, two receiver hitches, a matco ratchet I’m probably missing a few other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If anyone lost an aluminum ramp between Halletsville and Victoria on 77, I still have it.

Comment

My wife and I were headed to dinner the other day, stopped at a red light, and she noticed a screwdriver in between our vehicle and the shoulder. She hopped out and grabbed it so that no one would hit it and send it flying to possibly do damage to a tire/vehicle. We must have been too late...half of the thing was gone, end bent and broke off. I hope whomever had the rest in their tire figured it out before they had a blow out.

Anyways, if the owner can describe it to me, I'll drive it to your house...no matter where you live. I don't want to be accused of not making an effort to return something so valuable to the rightful owner

Comment

I found a screwdriver the other day...
                        Thank goodness for discount tire road hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post

I found a screwdriver the other day...
                          Thank goodness for discount tire road hazard.
                          Add a handle and it looks like it's good to go! That is the worst way to find them though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X