No announcement yet.

Road treasure thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing good yet..and i am the guy you see looking for arrow heads in Houston..hope to join the club soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Most would.

Apparently your out of that class....
      Lol I guess the “most would” is anyone not in this thread posting all the free **** they’ve found and not tried to return?

Lmfao smfh

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        Lol I guess the “most would” is anyone not in this thread posting all the free **** they’ve found and not tried to return?

Lmfao smfh
        I think someone is jealous that they haven’t found anything cool

Comment

When I was about 14 I was out riding my horse on the ROW of I-20 and found a big truck tire leaned up against a small tree.
          Turned out the lugs had torn out and that is where it ended up. Brand new tire, tube and liner
          Sold it to a guy we knew that managed a tire shop for $120 and bought my first bow

Have picked up various tools and straps over the years

Comment

I found a handkerchief with Easttxhunter’s tears on it.

Comment

Was coming home from Richland Chambers one day.I lost a big fish right at the boat,and was still po'd about it.I exited Ovilla rd.,and right in the middle of the service road was a brand new rubber net,with an extendable handle..****edest thing that's ever happened to me lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a riding mower in the ditch once. Burnt my hand on the muffler loading it in the truck. Some guy was screaming at me as I drove away but I couldn't understand him.
                It wouldn't start when I got home and all it needed was gas.

Comment

In 1968 was driving an econoline delivery van down Navagation Blvd in Houston and saw a family size bag of Fritos in the road. Picked it up continued and saw more Bags of Fritos. By the time I got down to Harrisburg had the back of the van full of Fritos. Never did catch the Frito truck.

In the early 80's was driving down Murphy road in Stafford and saw something big and shiny in the ditch. Went back and was excited that it was a old beer keg thinking i could saw it in half and make a neat B B Q pit. When I climbed down into the ditch found 2 Beer kegs with intact seals, full, still cold laying in the weeds.
                  Gave one to a neighbor that had a kegerator. Built a crude box out of plywood for the other keg filled it with ice and wrapped it with blankets and took it on a camping and fishing trip that weekend

Comment

A couple of months back I found a slightly used pair of Chippewa snake boots on the side of the highway that luckily were my size. Several years ago found a Bushland camo jacket on the side of the FM road I lived off of.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post

Lmfao smfh
                      How on earth are you going to return something you found on a highway? Are you on that meth?

Comment

The AT&T contractor said they left a half roll of mule tape on the back of this job site. Said it was trash but we could take it if we went and got it. Mule tape is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lost a ladder going down 635 one day. Didnt have it locked, someone tried to steal it when i was eating lunch, guess i came out too soon. Anyway, 3 miles down the road I heard a noise, looked up and the ladder slid off the rack, onto the freeway. I was in the right lane approaching my exit and watched it until it slid onto the shoulder, no one hit it somehow. I u-turned and went back and it was already gone. Oh well, tired of climbing ladders anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I found a handkerchief with Easttxhunter’s tears on it.

Ohh wow this is good. Smile to my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                              How on earth are you going to return something you found on a highway? Are you on that meth?

I was thinking this. I guess I could be pet my entire life to posting on as many social media sights and online markets as I could and possibly find the owner. Or someone else could claim it that is lying.

I look at it like this......if there was a name or info on it, I would have returned to rightful owner, if not, finders keepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm not sure how many lost & found posts I've seen over the years here, but it's substantial...only a handful of actual recoveries that I recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X