No announcement yet.

Flag Pole Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 20’ telescoping pole from Atlantic Flag Poles. Didn’t some research and was looking for large diameter and wall thickness. Not sure I got the best, but it had lasted a year. I have taken it down 4-5 times in a year with severe storms coming in. Usually just take the flags down and leave the pole at the lowered pole height if tornadoes might be in the area.

Comment

I used 30’ of 2” rigid galvanized conduit.

Comment

Mine is built out of pipe and hinged at the bottom so you can walk it down if you need to lower it.

Unfortunately after 20 something years its got some rust on the bottom hinge piece thats concreted in the ground. Ill probably dig it up and replace that piece with stainless soon.
        Last edited by Lungbustr; 05-23-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I just bought the Ezpole, 21 ft off Amazon. Comes in next week. Think its a 3 piece pole, looking forward to getting it up.
          I was very surprised how much some of those poles cost.

Comment

I just built mine out of 2 7/8 pipe, havent got a chance to put them in the ground yet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I used two top sections of chain-link fence pipe rail, whatever that's called. Cheap as h eck and that pole made it through Harvey on the island and still going strong.

Comment

I have made several through the years for customers. I made them to fold down so you could service the pulleys if you needed to. I made one for Happy Bowhunter on here, years ago. Try your local welding shop to see if they would make you one.

Comment

Got mine up this past weekend.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                      I think I bought mine at Lowes. Since the only flag I fly is an A&M flag I don't have to worry about illumination....
                      Or friends

Comment

Always wanted one at the lease. On my to do list. I'll fly a true camo Texas A&M flag like my friend Russ

Comment

Working...
                        X