No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Sargent this morning. 17", 19", & 22". Drifting with live shrimp. My Dad said it was pretty windy and the water was "heavy sandy". I'll be down there tomorrow for the day.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got whooped by the wind this morning at Port O. And cutting our weekend short.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Hey, it was my birthday Wednesday and I also went gigging Tuesday night in POC.
        Need to give me a shout when you’re passing through. I’m just down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
          From Sargent this morning. 17", 19", & 22". Drifting with live shrimp. My Dad said it was pretty windy and the water was "heavy sandy". I'll be down there tomorrow for the day.
          Fished yesterday in east bay and caught a bunch of small ones and 2 17 inch trout. Water was off. Woke up this morning and wind was howling, went back to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Hey, it was my birthday Wednesday and I also went gigging Tuesday night in POC.
            Who did you use and how did you all do? Been thinking about booking with night stalker guide

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Need to give me a shout when you’re passing through. I’m just down the road.
              Heading down Wednesday but won't have my fishing boat, taking the pontoon barge. Gonna do a crab boil Friday night and stay til Sunday. Got some people coming for the weekend one of whom has a nice Shoalwater cat so we may head out fishing in that at some point, otherwise just land based from the peninsula.

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Who did you use and how did you all do? Been thinking about booking with night stalker guide
              So I haven't been on a guide boat of any kind since I was about 10 years old but the wife wanted to do something different for my birthday and surprised me so I agreed. It was a good time, guide was friendly and found fish easily and had a really nice floundering rig comfortable ride and a very good captain in general. We gigged a few really nice ones and a bunch of good ones, couple barely legal ones.. It was a great experience but we literally gigged the same exact areas I've been going to for 15 years so nothing new there. Biggest flounder came from a spot I've put hundreds of footsteps over. That boat rig makes a lot of difference though and limits weren't even in question and it was nice to just chill on the rail and get the stab on. I went with Shawn Harvey, if you look on 2cool he's got $100 off trips through end of June due to some 3 year old thread that got bumped. Lol
              Last edited by justletmein; 05-23-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Shawn Harvey is one of the best local flounder guides there is. He stays on the flounder like it’s nobody’s business.

Comment

My brother and I went with a guide yesterday and even though it was windy, we still managed two limits and threw back a lot of dinks. Around the Galveston/Texas City area

Definitely had a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3rd place finish out of 30 teams for us yesterday while fishing the POC Friday evening tournament. Just couldn’t find that other kicker trout to put us over the top
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Looks like we’re going to have great weather next week.
                      Winds aren't looking too bad, lightning could be an issue though

Comment

Congrats Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
                          My brother and I went with a guide yesterday and even though it was windy, we still managed two limits and threw back a lot of dinks. Around the Galveston/Texas City area

Definitely had a good time

Congrats! Great time there!

Comment

Went to surfside yesterday to relax with the family and someone left some bonnet heads on the beach where we parked. Anyways that sparked some interest and now my 5 year old wants to catch a "big shark". Heading back out there next weekend with some stingray hoping for my son to see his first real alive shark. (outside of an aquarium)

Comment

Wife and I had a great wade this morning! 5 reds 2 trout (one not pictured). All caught on DSL probably caught 25 17-19” reds.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                                Shawn Harvey is one of the best local flounder guides there is. He stays on the flounder like it’s nobody’s business.
                                I believe it, he obviously knows his business very well. Friendly cool guy too.

Comment

Working...
                                X