Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    That sounds really nice. Any pics of the before and after of the lake. I enjoy that stuff

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I will have to dig them up. But we got them.

Comment

Well heck. Went to Conroe again today. Launched out of Scotts Ridge and headed to the bridge. Looked at about 10-15 sets of pillars and saw very few fish. No bites. Headed north to some stumps, about 15' of water and caught a pretty decent catfish and a couple of green trash fish. No crappie. Moved to some submerged stumps on a point in 25' or so and stumbled on a big group of brush piles. Had a couple of bites and finally caught one. Later moved to the stumps near the ramp and blanked again ( couple of catfish ).

During all this I scanned dozens and dozens of trees and saw almost no fish on em..

Dont know whats going on. Was starting to think I had learned how to catch em.....now I done forgot again.....

Comment

All these live bait haters. Look what the dang jigs caught. Smh and show me the minners

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Kim brought Mike to LOP for his birthday hoping for some big fish. Mike is a long time Crappie fisherman but he had never broke the 2# mark. The fishing was slow for numbers but they caught a nice mess of fish with 6 or 7 over 2 pounds. Mike caught 2 back to back that weighed 2 pounds 9 oz.
          All fish caught on standing timber with hand tied jigs. The fish were extremely spooky today but the lake has taken a pounding over the last few weeks.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	6E5FA69F-3AF9-413A-8812-EACBCD8931AA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	24607835

Name:	1F837462-BA43-4B02-8C8E-7EE59556BF68.jpeg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	24607836

Name:	E6322E70-78FD-4D55-B144-310B53EC5946.jpeg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24607837

Name:	5D7AE217-14D4-4F7B-89AC-3296D07C7526.jpeg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	24607838

Name:	1E9E3C2C-16C9-4AC6-9341-464645EAF136.jpeg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24607839

Comment

Hard to tell, is that a gaspergoo and 2 crappie, all on the same rod/line?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Kim brought Mike to LOP for his birthday hoping for some big fish. Mike is a long time Crappie fisherman but he had never broke the 2# mark. The fishing was slow for numbers but they caught a nice mess of fish with 6 or 7 over 2 pounds. Mike caught 2 back to back that weighed 2 pounds 9 oz.
              All fish caught on standing timber with hand tied jigs. The fish were extremely spooky today but the lake has taken a pounding over the last few weeks.
              [ATTACH]990513[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]990514[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]990515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]990516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]990517[/ATTACH]
              Heck yeah. Are they suspended or sitting near the bottom? I could not find them today.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Hard to tell, is that a gaspergoo and 2 crappie, all on the same rod/line?
                3 rods. 2 crappie on minnows and a poor man's redfish on the other

Comment

For you guys using the live scope did y'all purchase and install yourselves? Is there a best place to buy and have it installed? TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    For you guys using the live scope did y'all purchase and install yourselves? Is there a best place to buy and have it installed? TIA.

I did it myself. It was a pain. I bought mine from BBG Marine. Cheaper than any advertised price, but dont buy directly from their site, email and get a quote.

Im sure some ( most? ) ( especially newer ) boats will be easier, but I had to run a whole new circuit to a new fuse block to meet the power requirements.

Comment

Did good on Lake Whitney today. We cheated and went guided Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2520.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	24607845

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
                        Did good on Lake Whitney today. We cheated and went guided [ATTACH]990527[/ATTACH]

Good job! Were yall on the lower end?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Good job! Were yall on the lower end?

Launched at Kimball Bend. First time there and first time really crappie fishing. I could learn to really like it

Comment

Good to know. That's a nice little park. Think Razorback01 stayed there this weekend. Yall got some fatties on that table!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              All these live bait haters. Look what the dang jigs caught. Smh and show me the minners

Good luck goo!!!!

I like catching a big goo prefishing!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I got all my stuff from Zeke at the Bass Tank. Free shipping and no tax. It's easy to install yourself. I would recommend a seperate battery. Alot of places will wire it to your cranking battery and they draw alot of juice! Especially the 10 and 12" screens. As for size don't look at a 10 or 12" screen ever if you get the 9". I have a 10" and wish I got the 12. 1222 is all you need if it's for Livescope.

Comment

Working...
                                X