2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    I think you got your answer - on my 4th half ton eco boost - tow a 7 lb boat and 11 lb trailer with zero issues. When not towing you will love the gas mileage - I get 22-23 on hwy
    What kind of mileage do you get towing the boat?

Comment

Thanks guys, going to the dealer on Friday, about to get this deal done.

Comment

I went with EcoBoost max tow package from f450. Just remember when you have a heavy load, you will not have the luxury when a blowout happens. The heavy load will take over...

Comment

Like other said the eco will tow it with the power, but suspension is the weak area. I had a 14 eco and bought a 36ft camper and nearly 10k pounds. power was not a issue but suspension was and on windy days was a bear. Upgraded to a power stoke 250 and don’t even think about it. Just depend on how much peace of mine is worth to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            For 5 tows and trip is 70 miles, why spend $4800 a year multiple by the years. Trust me, I tried to justify buying a diesel but ended up back in a Tundra and tow 15 plus times a year dragging my mule 600 miles a weekend.
            Because personally my life and family and friends are worth more to me then $4800 a year. Thus why I said personally. I put 25-30k miles a years on my truck so I look at things a little differently. Now I’m not saying I would buy a 3/4 to haul a mule but I might just for road safety

For reference It takes a 60’ish HP cab w/ loader to break 9k (non-filled tires, no trailer etc). When things go wrong and they eventually will I want more mass underme then less.
            Last edited by Texans42; 06-19-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X