Who buys FEMA flood Ins??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    I was under the impression that ALL flood insurance is FEMA. You just purchase through your insurance company. Rates are all the same for the coverage and zones.
    Im not sure but my moms policy is fema 100%. Her contractor said they are the best? Policies through the big companies are a nightmare. You may be right buddy. Im just stating what they told me a couple weeks ago. As soon as they showed up they ask who she was covered with. This is our first time dealing with flooding.

Comment

We pay ours directly through FEMA every year. Too cheap not to have and it sure as nice to have it when we needed it a few years back. 5" water through the house costs a lot of money. They were slow to pay and I'm happy I was in a position to remodel out of pocket until we got our payment from FEMA, but I was in a better position than both of my neighbors that flooded the same with no flood insurance.

If you live anywhere around Houston, it's not IF you flood, it's WHEN. Be prepared.

Comment

Try $6500 a year in Maui County.

Comment

Got it...its cheap where Im at

Comment

$2500 for me🙄

Comment

Need to call and renew mine today actually. Expires 6/20. I've spent $450 on a lot less. Drove me nuts during Harvey knowing i let it lapse. Thank god no issues, but just not worth the risk. Construction changes everything.

As a note- you can't get it when a named storm is in the gulf, and I think it takes 30 days to take effect so don't think you can grab it when something looms.

Comment

I have it, my last house flooded during Ike, luckily I had it then too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  $2500 for me🙄
                  Because you live in a flood zone?

Comment

Like captainsling said, I too thought FEMA was the only place to get flood insurance. I was also under the impression it is cheap UNLESS you live in a flood zone. If in a flood zone, price increases the closer you get to a standard flood plane.

Do any of our resident insurance agents know the truth?

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                      $2500 for me🙄
                      Why so much? I got quoted a couple years ago for around 500 but never got it. The only way I will flood is from a storm surge and windstorm covers that.

Comment

I live in southern Brazoria county, yep I got it and we didn't flood during Harvey but you never know what mother nature will throw at you next so its all about peace of mind

Comment

Yes on residence and bay house.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

I've been told that if you have it and your property is zoned into the floodplain in the future, you get to keep the current rate and you can sign it over to a future buyer when you sell. Can any of you insurance guys confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                                Because you live in a flood zone?
                                Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X