Check List for Africa Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check List for Africa Trip

I know some folks on here are very organized and was wondering if y’all might have a good check list y’all follow for a bowhunting Safari to South Africa? Thanks

Sunscreen
    Sunglasses
    Gilligan Hat
    good hiking boots
    band aids and tape in case you get blisters
    neosporin

Comment

Hunting Gear List for Bow Hunters Hunting Gear - Bow, I recommend bringing two well-tuned hunting bows if feasible - Travel bow case unless you transport it in your bags - Soft case, to protect your bow in the hunting vehicle or on charter flights - Bow carrier or sling - Arrows - Broadheads -...

Comment

I would add a small journal and pen. While in the hide you can log the animals you see and shoot along with times. Every night before you head off to bed make detailed notes of the day. You can reference them years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
          I would add a small journal and pen. While in the hide you can log the animals you see and shoot along with times. Every night before you head off to bed make detailed notes of the day. You can reference them years from now.
          I like that. Thank You

Comment

ECH is the best thing to take to kill animals and have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
              ECH is the best thing to take to kill animals and have a great time.
              I see what you did there!!

Comment

Justin,

PM me your email address and I'll email the one I have. Going in July so I have it handy

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  Justin,

PM me your email address and I'll email the one I have. Going in July so I have it handy
                  PM Sent. Good luck, I have to wait until August...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                    PM Sent. Good luck, I have to wait until August...
                    back at you. The good thing about waiting til August is that all the semi live threads and recaps will have you really excited and pumped up by then

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                      I like that. Thank You
                      Oh, and always end your journal entries with "under wild skies"! Jealous of your trip. It's on my bucket list.

Comment

Heading over next Tuesday w DVS.

Comment

Justin, you are WAY over thinking this. Get you bow ready a couple changes of clothes plus an outfit if it gets cool and you are good to go! Take some gaiters if you plan on walking and stalking. Them seeds over there are not fun in your shoes and socks. The journal is an excellent addition also.

Comment

Pack fewer changes of clothes. Daily laundry service will spoil you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Justin, you are WAY over thinking this. Get you bow ready a couple changes of clothes plus an outfit if it gets cool and you are good to go! Take some gaiters if you plan on walking and stalking. Them seeds over there are not fun in your shoes and socks. The journal is an excellent addition also.
                              Man I overthink everything I do. Planning, preparation, and just talking about the trip before I go is half the fun for me for some reason!

Comment

Working...
                              X