Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Does that include the 20" 7mms?
    No, it is for steel barrels. No updates on the 20" 7mm proofs as of now. All of the other CF barrels are here.

Comment

Tier 1 in 6.5 PRC. 24” barrel and Thunderbeast suppressor. It likes both the ELD-X and ELD-Match. .25-.30 for the Match. Just a shade under .75 for the ELD-X. I could probably do better, but I got hot and lazy to be honest.

Can’t say enough good things. Feels great to shoot. Smooth action and very little recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post

Tier 1 in 6.5 PRC. 24” barrel and Thunderbeast suppressor. It likes both the ELD-X and ELD-Match. .25-.30 for the Match. Just a shade under .75 for the ELD-X. I could probably do better, but I got hot and lazy to be honest.

Can’t say enough good things. Feels great to shoot. Smooth action and very little recoil.

That's great news. I have a Tier 1 6.5 PRC 24 inch with 1:7.5 twist on the way. I was really hoping factory eld-x would group well.

What twist rate is yours?

Comment

1:8 twist

Comment

Looks GREAT ATX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

When I was done shooting, a not so nice friend of mine said he wanted to try out my new rifle and shot this 3 shot group.

Comment

lol

Comment

Absolutely cannot wait to go shoot it. Threw the scope on tonight when I got home. I’ll end up getting different rings for it. But man it is light weight and perfectly balanced. I’ll get better photos soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post

Very nice! How does that vortex feel? I love that scope, but didn’t get another one for this build due to the weight and wanting to keep it lightweight. Not sure though, going to put a Leupold from another gun on it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                      Absolutely cannot wait to go shoot it. Threw the scope on tonight when I got home. I’ll end up getting different rings for it. But man it is light weight and perfectly balanced. I’ll get better photos soon.
                      Love that color Keaton. Saw it yesterday before you picked it up. Buzz's gun was right beside it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                        Very nice! How does that vortex feel? I love that scope, but didn’t get another one for this build due to the weight and wanting to keep it lightweight. Not sure though, going to put a Leupold from another gun on it for now.

When I first pulled the rifle out of the case I was afraid the Vortex would wreck the feel. It didn’t. I think it would probably look a little better with a black scope or without a 56mm objective, but it handles very well. Still incredibly balanced, and at the end of the day it shoots and feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                          Love that color Keaton. Saw it yesterday before you picked it up. Buzz's gun was right beside it.

Thank you! Yeah I saw your rifle sitting on the rack next to it. Buzz’s gun looks awesome.
                          I need to get a load developed.

Comment

These rifles are crazy great. Got my .22 Creedmire today. Cleaned the barrel , chamber and lugs. Cleaned and greased the bolt. SO smooth.

Diamond trigger is super sweet at 1#, borrowed a neighbors Athalon Ares till my NF NXS8 gets here.

going to measure bullets to lands tomorrow, set up my new Forester CO-AX. Try to figure out the new Magneto Chrono. Load some modest H4350 loads to get me started,

This gun is SO sweet. I took some crappy pics today, need to get it in the daylight though.

Great job Robert and crew !!!!

Comment

What bullet you going to load in the 22 Creed?

I've been running the 80 grain ELD-M but I'm planning to try some 70 grain Nos Accubonds over RL26 if I ever get some time. I'm running a 22 inch 22-250AI which is very similar to the Creed. Had the creed been around when I built mine I would have likely went with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                                What bullet you going to load in the 22 Creed?

I've been running the 80 grain ELD-M but I'm planning to try some 70 grain Nos Accubonds over RL26 if I ever get some time. I'm running a 22 inch 22-250AI which is very similar to the Creed. Had the creed been around when I built mine I would have likely went with it.
                                Gonna start with H4350 and Berger 80.5 Fullbore
                                going to start slow, no need to burn this thing up right off the bat. I think around 41.0 grains. Snipers Hide has some good data.

Comment

Working...
                                X