No announcement yet.

Why do we hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The older I get, the more I ask myself this question....
    Definitely not the same as it was years ago. The end result these days no longer tends to justify the ongoing and outgoing annual means and methods required to continue.

Comment

Hunt for food, the experience, and love of nature. I enjoy taking my child hunting with me. If the hunt is successful or not he is learning invaluable life lessons.

Comment

Sport and the tradition of being a hunter and gatherer for family.

I'm not fooled that it isn't cost effective.

Comment

I love all the things mentioned above. In these days, especially taking my boys, wife, newbies and friends and trying to help them find success and create memories. We also primarily eat wild game.

When it comes time for me to hunt, I set out to kill. While I enjoy watching creation and very much take advantage of the quiet time with my Dad, I'm there to conquer. Be it ducks, turkeys, deer or whatever. I set aside time to hike or just go find a nice spot to sit when I'm after the other things.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of us, by definition of the word, do not hunt. Its more akin to hoping. We sit in one spot (more often than not a comfortable blind to shield us from the elements), staring at a food source, and hoping the booner that we had pictures of all summer shows up!

If I ruffled a few feathers that's not my intention. I challenge you to put down the gadgets and pixie dust, think about the word hunt and what it really means, and go do it.

I hunt for the challenge, the adventure, the opportunity to teach my son about life, to satisfy a primal instinct to provide food for my family, and the reward of consistently being able to do so.

Comment

Big Chocalate Horns...

Comment

For this reason right here...
                Attached Files

Comment

In my blood
                  Adrenaline rush
                  Love to eat deer meat
                  Peace and quiet that calms every level of stress
                  The challenge of hunting public land (80% of my hunting anyway)
                  Seeing my little man start shaking every time he sees a deer

That pretty much sums it up. And I’m talking 100% bow hunting btw.

Comment

Better than work
                    Dropping an arrow on a sleeping four point below me is good entertainment
                    I like the meat
                    Tricking a buck is good fun
                    Walking in the woods is much more fun than walking on a sidewalk
                    Stress relief after 24hours of dealing with weak people

Comment

I just like to watch **** die.

Comment

I’ve always liked how Fred Bear put words together on this subject.

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person."

I enjoy the pursuit. The preparation, the camaraderie. Time spent with family, and dear friends.

Crawling in the stand before dawn, and watching the world come alive.

It’s pretty magical

Bringing home a critter is just the cherry on top.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Because it's my God Given right!

Comment

Not for food, I can buy it much cheaper than hunting it, I just do it because I love it, and killing is not near the top of the list.

Comment

Because God made us that way. That's why your wife shops. She's a gatherer.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Better than work
                                Dropping an arrow on a sleeping four point below me is good entertainment
                                I like the meat
                                Tricking a buck is good fun
                                Walking in the woods is much more fun than walking on a sidewalk
                                Stress relief after 24hours of dealing with weak people
                                This 99%... no 4pts...

And it is somewhat about the kill... I really like killing stuff with my bow...

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                Because God made us that way. That's why your wife shops. She's a gatherer.
                                Not necessarily...
                                Last edited by nursejenn; 10-15-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X