Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Horned toads, Bob white quail and robins

Funny you say Robins…… wife and I talked about that about a month ago. Didn’t see any this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reel Screamer View Post
      Firefly’s. Where did they go?

We had them all summer

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
        Funny you say Robins…… wife and I talked about that about a month ago. Didn’t see any this year

It's a little early for Robin's down here seem like January is a good month

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Every time I go on the Gulf I always wonder if I can get lucky enough and see a Rice’s Whale. I heard a party boat had a confirmed sighting last month.

Comment

I saw a yellow headed bed thrasher this morning.

Comment

Black rock squirrels. We used to see them quite often at our feeders when hunting out west near Christoval. Haven't seen a single once since the 2010-11 drought.....

Comment

Fire flies

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  A shrew. First and last one I saw was in the early 80's.
                  Got quite a few just a couple miles west of 45, looks like pigs have rooted up my yard from the dogs tryin to get em. They get one every now and then

Comment

Mountain boomer. Haven't seen 1 in 30 years

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                      There are 2 or 3 Zoo’s in Texas working on repopulating the Horned toad lizard. They raise the lizard get the eggs and hatch them and have started turning them loose.
                      The San Antonio Zoo is one of them. My wife is involved with it. She’s trained one of our Vizlas to locate them in the wild. I went with her to one of the searches and it was very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        It's a little early for Robin's down here seem like January is a good month

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        I was on the stand 2 weeks ago and about 200 came in and we’re feeding everywhere. Haven’t seen one since.

Comment

I've seen quite a few porcupines since a bought my place in Edward's County a couple years ago. Recently had a blond colored one come to one of my feeders while I was sitting in the blind. Never had seen one that color before.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbridge hand View Post
                            Seen coatimundi a few times camped on the lower Pecos. Suckers would pilfer through our chuck box at night. I watched 2 of them, one holding the chuck box lid open, the other inside throwing Oreos out like he bought them.
                            This made me smile. I’d buy another pack to watch em the next night too lol

Comment

Ringtail cat. Maybe because they are so nocturnal. I’ve only seen two.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Black rock squirrels. We used to see them quite often at our feeders when hunting out west near Christoval. Haven't seen a single once since the 2010-11 drought.....
                                We used to see these in Mason a lot as a kid. Your comment made me realize it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one as well.

I do recall the first ringtail I saw too. I shot it thinking it was a skinny coon. I was pretty young. Walked up and thought man. A squirrel raccoon hybrid! Grandpa got a good kick out of that. Very next day saw one about 12” from my face just snoozing in a tower blind when I climbed up. Scared me. He just laid back down and closed his eyes. Super cool critters!

Comment

Working...
                                X