No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have more of an issue with the little shoats squeezing thru the regular sized cattle panel holes than anything. That is the only real issue I have experience. I do have a cut off flush t-post every 8’ as well.

Comment

Them mf’ers got into one of my pens, presumably in a little section I cut lower so I could shoot into it. I’m just gonna zip tie the piece I’d cut out back on for a while, see if that discourages them.

Comment

Got a new stand hung yesterday, about 25' up and I can see 1000 yards in both directions

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
          Got a new stand hung yesterday, about 25' up and I can see 1000 yards in both directions

My kind of spot. Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have good luck having deer come and stay at your feeder on the pipeline? They’re always so skittish around ours and usually just does.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
              Do you have good luck having deer come and stay at your feeder on the pipeline? They’re always so skittish around ours and usually just does.

Not really, its mainly for hogs. Its 100 yards away so if I want to shoot a hog with my bow I'll just use a hand corn trail to bring them over when I want them there.

Comment

What do you plant on the high line? Have you ever just hunted the feeder and not planted?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                  What do you plant on the high line? Have you ever just hunted the feeder and not planted?
                  I plant rye grass or oats some years. Most years about 80% of the powerline is underwater so its hit or miss but regardless the deer and hogs cross it a lot so it's my favorite spot to hunt.

Comment

Put up a micro pen yesterday in Newton about 150 yards from my feeders. Bucks definitely shifting around, not hitting feeders like normal and breaking off. I’m sure the full moon is helping. I’m seeing ToNS of Post Oaks, Willow and Water Oaks loaded with acorns

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Put up a micro pen yesterday in Newton about 150 yards from my feeders. Bucks definitely shifting around, not hitting feeders like normal and breaking off. I’m sure the full moon is helping. I’m seeing ToNS of Post Oaks, Willow and Water Oaks loaded with acorns

My deer have just about quit my pens too. Most are now hard horned. They still come around once or twice a week. If I dont start getting daylight activity I will probably spend opening day at my pig killing stand so I dont blow out my primary spots. MRI is what I will go by. Cell cams are def a game changer on how I hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post

My deer have just about quit my pens too. Most are now hard horned. They still come around once or twice a week. If I dont start getting daylight activity I will probably spend opening day at my pig killing stand so I dont blow out my primary spots. MRI is what I will go by. Cell cams are def a game changer on how I hunt

Definitely the cell cams are super efficient.

Comment

I’m about 75% hard horned as of yesterday. Checked a new mock scrape since they ended up killing the old one. About 7 bucks and 3 doe hit it last week… and a big boar

Comment

All I’ve had all summer have been does at my feeder, not a single buck. Time to go find the trail they use to get to the acorns I guess. 500 acres in polk county.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

All I’ve had all summer have been does at my feeder, not a single buck. Time to go find the trail they use to get to the acorns I guess. 500 acres in polk county.

Really not a bad problem to have. Bucks fall and winter range is rarely their spring and summer range. I actually hate growing bucks …. Cause when the velvet comes off my neighbors 2 miles away that turn there feeder on for the first time on opening weekend kill all of them. Lol

You have doe!!!! They are better than acorns!!!!

Forget the trail and go find the does bedding area and hunt that mid to late October. They will be in same place unless blown out

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                Really not a bad problem to have. Bucks fall and winter range is rarely their spring and summer range. I actually hate growing bucks …. Cause when the velvet comes off my neighbors 2 miles away that turn there feeder on for the first time on opening weekend kill all of them. Lol

You have doe!!!! They are better than acorns!!!!

Forget the trail and go find the does bedding area and hunt that mid to late October. They will be in same place unless blown out
                                This. The bucks in Polk county will start transitioning in the next 2-3 weeks to their winter grounds and you’ll get an opportunity to see how well your neighbors have been feeding them. You have plenty of bait according to the picture. Patience is a virtue in ET. Good luck to ya.
                                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 09-10-2022, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X