No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh...nothing but irrational pansies. keep digging.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      Wait a second, if you’re poor or black and can’t get a job it’s your fault, but if you’re white it’s not?
      Just want to make sure I get that straight.
      You really are a liberal

If anyone doesn't have a job right now it's their own fault.

I'm not going down the liberal rabbit hole with you addressing every job in America so you can twist and nit-pick everything.

And why does it have to be poor AND black? Why not poor and white? or rich and black?

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        You didn’t address a single one of my arguments... just made claims that I don’t understand, without any proof of me being wrong in the first place. Anti-racism.... really? You really have swallowed the whole critical race theory crap hook, line, and sinker.

You can’t make an evidence based argument because your argument isn’t based on them. It is based on emotion and white guilt. That’s why you try to throw one liners in, make broad generalizations you think shield you from being proven wrong, and bail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        And he tries using the You prove it doesn't exist, tactic.

Who are they? You show me a black person without a job and I'll find him a job. It's that easy. But then the excuse will change to he didn't want the job because the boss was racist! or some other BS. Literally one excuse after another and it's never ending.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          You really are a liberal

If anyone doesn't have a job right now it's their own fault.

I'm not going down the liberal rabbit hole with you addressing every job in America so you can twist and nit-pick everything.

And why does it have to be poor AND black? Why not poor and white? or rich and black?
          His username fits...

Comment

To quote myself from a different thread debunking redlining.... you are arguing a straw man argument, because your understanding of economics and human nature is low enough that all you see is an unequal outcome and immediately associate it with a magical root cause. The real answer is the root cause is MUCH more complex than “Systemic Racism” (which is bogus, by the way), and no one wants to talk about the REAL problems because it requires some very uncomfortable conversations centered around personal responsibility.

Is this what you keep referring to as “arguments?”
            A claim that it is much more complex while discounting anything systemic and pointing to the very simple principle of personal responsibility?
            Then a middle-school-level vignette of the lending process? Are you aware that the United States Congress passed a law specifically to target redlining? I can’t tell from your so well-crafted “argument” if you think that redlining was debunked in the modern era or if redlining in the modern era has been debunked— two totally different points.
            You’re short on facts and quick to chest thump about how you ran people off. That’s a dead ringer for a position that is weak AF, if that wasn’t apparent already.
            Pretending like this has anything to do with evidence and rational analysis is a joke.

Comment

When a country’s citizens lose tolerance and compassion for one another, that is a telling sign that the country is destabilizing. Consider whether it is worth the anger and “being right” to fuel the downward spiral. Whether it’s originating in China, the Middle East, or Russia, our enemies have gained a foothold into our culture and they are effectively driving us to a cultural and political civil war. Think Putin is letting such a juicy opportunity pass by? Think whatever version of al-Queda/ISIS currently exists isn’t quietly fanning the flames? Is it worth the country to keep your back turned in indignation? If one’s position is for a small government that does not intrude into private life, then we need to work together to solve problems so that the government does not have an excuse to intrude. Regardless of who’s right, civilian vs. civilian only benefits the government’s expansion of power and control. That’s all the incentive any of us should need to try and proactively resolve things without demanding that one political party or another ram it’s agenda down the other side’s throat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A claim that it is much more complex while discounting anything systemic and pointing to the very simple principle of personal responsibility?
                Then a middle-school-level vignette of the lending process? Are you aware that the United States Congress passed a law specifically to target redlining? I can’t tell from your so well-crafted “argument” if you think that redlining was debunked in the modern era or if redlining in the modern era has been debunked— two totally different points.
                You’re short on facts and quick to chest thump about how you ran people off. That’s a dead ringer for a position that is weak AF, if that wasn’t apparent already.
                Pretending like this has anything to do with evidence and rational analysis is a joke.
                You need to prove this systemic racism exists. We can't prove a negative.

If you're to build a case you could start with showing us areas where blacks do good in society with any other race or even just amongst themselves. You have the entire world to look over.

If you pay attention schools are always rezoning to get poor kids in with better off kids. How's that NOT racism towards whoever happens to have money?

Bottom line is the chips fly up in the air but they always land the exact same way. Nothing to do with racism at all. You just want to blame other races for blacks failures and that's racist.

Comment

Systemic means built into the system, and I’m not arguing that racism doesn’t exist. People having prejudices does not equate to systemic racism. Unequal outcome does not equate to systemic racism. Outcomes you don’t like do NOT equate to systemic racism.

Show me the systems that are systemically racist, where it is in those systems, and how the legal system allows it... I’ll give you a hint, it is called Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action is the ONLY legal prejudice based on race or gender in the United States. They are the only truly “Systemicly” racist examples out there. i.e. they are intentionally, and legally, integrated into the ACTUAL system.

The “redlining laws” you point to were ill-conceived in the first place. Their supposed intention was to remove prejudice in the approval process, but they were instead used to force banks into approving loans for people who didn’t qualify for them mathematically. Banking institutions were held accountable for lower percentages of POC approval rates REGARDLESS of wether race was ever a factor in the approval decision or not. Once again... equal opportunity has never meant equal outcome.

You show me any institution that approves or rejects a loan (based on race) from any 2 people with equal credit rating/income/debt Load and I will help you tear them a new one. But don’t try to come at me with race based approval ratings, in the aggregate, and try to claim it as some kind of proof.

And the biggest irony in your response is that you claimed I was short on facts while providing NOT A SINGLE ONE to refute me.

Comment

Ike, you've done your homework...

Comment

Systemic means built into the system, and I’m not arguing that racism doesn’t exist. People having prejudices does not equate to systemic racism. Unequal outcome does not equate to systemic racism. Outcomes you don’t like do NOT equate to systemic racism.

Show me the systems that are systemically racist, where it is in those systems, and how the legal system allows it... I’ll give you a hint, it is called Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action is the ONLY legal prejudice based on race or gender in the United States. They are the only truly “Systemicly” racist examples out there. i.e. they are intentionally, and legally, integrated into the ACTUAL system.

The “redlining laws” you point to were ill-conceived in the first place. Their supposed intention was to remove prejudice in the approval process, but they were instead used to force banks into approving loans for people who didn’t qualify for them mathematically. Banking institutions were held accountable for lower percentages of POC approval rates REGARDLESS of wether race was ever a factor in the approval decision or not. Once again... equal opportunity has never meant equal outcome.

You show me any institution that approves or rejects a loan (based on race) from any 2 people with equal credit rating/income/debt Load and I will help you tear them a new one. But don’t try to come at me with race based approval ratings, in the aggregate, and try to claim it as some kind of proof.

And the biggest irony in your response is that you claimed I was short on facts while providing NOT A SINGLE ONE to refute me.

Keep posting Ike so I don't have to waste my time here.

Comment

Comment

The US systemically elected a 2 term black president...was said system interrupted for some reason??

Comment

Hello 911....I'd like to report a murder.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Johnny I watched Earl torch them for a 80 plus yard run in the Dome. Those were physical games.
                              How about this hit on Campbell from your boys. lol

Comment

Gotta love how folks pivot to their political talking points and counterpoints to try to prove something that clearly does exist doesn't. Call it what you will - racism, systemic racism, implicit bias or whatever - it does exist and the impact is real, albeit difficult to measure.

One of my closest friends is a strong Christian, hardcore conservative Republican and we've had an ongoing debate on race since this NFL stuff started. No matter what, he could not take his politics out of the equation. He could acknowledge racism was an issue but always fell back into the politics. Angry at anything suggesting he or we (Republicans) were inherently racist and associating anyone speaking up to racism as part of the left wing crazies.

One day we're talking and he shares that his daughter is dating a young black kid and what great kid he is, his parents are, etc. He then shared how hard it was to get there - in terms of accepting and believing he was a great kid as opposed to had it been a white kid. He admitted he was having a hard time understanding as he was / is absolutely certain he is not racist. I had to laugh because I had been through something similar.

It is called implicit bias - it is real and it is widespread. It isn't malicious or intentional but it explains many examples of "call it something other than systemic" racism.

Resumes with identical qualifications of people with ethnic sounding names receiving 50% fewer call backs than resumes with more common names. Homes owned by black families appraising at consistently lower $/Sq foot compared to white homes in same neighborhoods. Behavior reported as suspicious of blacks totally ignored of whites. Police more likely to draw guns or use deadly force. There are countless examples and studies illustrating these and the impact is real.

Ask yourself and I wouldn't expect anyone to reply much less be honest, but what would your immediate reaction be if a black guy wanted to join your lease, knocked on your door after dark, etc. Or if you started a new job and met a couple of black people along with a bunch of white guys. Would everyone start on equal footing in terms of what you had to see before concluding they were definitely good guys?

If you can honestly say you would absolutely see and judge them equally and instantly without bias, then more power to you. Because I will admit I still fall into that trap sometime as I did initially when these NFL protests started.

Comment

Working...
                                X