Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Steelers fans up in here?

Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey wore the name of a fallen officer for Sunday’s Week 2 game against the Denver Broncos days after drama over who the team was going to support.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m just waiting on [mention]ttechdallas [/mention] to have a response to my points above. It’s almost like he evaporated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Point is "equal opportunity" is a crock of sh1t. If you're a white male and not a vet you have zero chance.
        Not only in the government sector, but just as well in the private sector too!!

Comment

Black and Gold since about 7 years old. Steelers are different and always have been or most of the time. Pro Law Enforcement and US Military.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Point is "equal opportunity" is a crock of sh1t. If you're a white male and not a vet you have zero chance.

Wait a second, if you’re poor or black and can’t get a job it’s your fault, but if you’re white it’s not?
            Just want to make sure I get that straight.

Comment

Football was my sport in HS.
              I like football.
              When I was a kid I lived out of state and The Dallas Cowboys was my connection back to my birth state, Texas. I like The Dallas Cowboys.
              My compromise is that I turn on the game right at kickoff, turn it off at halftime, and watch the second half. Very little stuff except football.

Comment

Critical Race Theory is destroying this country...it is a Marxist ideology being used purposefully to do so. That video is case and point

Comment

RR is disagree. Busy your tail, outwork everyone else, have manners and good communication skillls, keep your mouth shut and opportunities will happen and I don’t care what race, sex, or sexual preference the person has.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Black and Gold since about 7 years old. Steelers are different and always have been or most of the time. Pro Law Enforcement and US Military.
                    I was a huge Oilers fans, never could get into the Texans after they left town. The Steelers always had my respect growing up when they played my Oilers. Man those were some awesome ballgames back in the 80's and 90's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Johnny I watched Earl torch them for a 80 plus yard run in the Dome. Those were physical games.

Comment

Just watched the news, see job led the Texans to another loss. I miss reading posts from some of the die hard Obrienites and all the excuses they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          And he turned tail and ran after I chewed up his argument and spat it out with facts... hasn’t even tried to respond to me... though he responded to someone else on here.

What kind of fantasy world do you live in? First, I suspect you don't even understand what a straw man argument is, maybe facts either. What you believe is no more fact than what I believe.

You and a few others here like to ignore whatever you either can't or won't comprehend and seize upon your favorite talking points from your favorite political sources of news and information.

You are correct on one point though, it is a complex issue and if your interpretation is that I pointed to "systemic racism" as the cause or root cause of any of these problems, again I have to challenge your comprehension skills.

I'm guessing you agreed with that comment by RiverRat1, too - "If he can't see poor people for what they are then his mind is made up." Let's explore that for a moment since he likes to call out anyone who disagrees with his POV.

What are they? Would love to hear that definition.

If you want to pretend racism is not a burden on Black people or that they are all imagining this, that is your prerogative. I don't and I think there are a whole lot of us a little too silent on the issue - which contributes to it's lingering effects.

I can't control or influence what black people do, think or feel. But I can be anti-racism - which I try to be. That includes not being offended that they don't see the world as I do. And not assuming that because they are black and frustrated makes them part of the left wing craziness and the Marxist BLM group.

Also, In case you were wondering, New Orleans is up 3-0 over Las Vegas on MNF and its still scoreless in the Stars vs Lightning game 2 of the NHL Finals. Gotta go again and it has nothing do with your next round of "facts" or insults.

Comment

There’s a lot going on here with workplace equality and poverty regarding African Americans so I’ll weigh in and even tie into some football. I played football in high school and dipped my foot in at the college level. I played sports with a lot of AA’s, some respected authority, did what was asked and they were successful on the field and still are today. Others did not, blamed everything on racism or other people and failed on the field as they have in life. Anybody with half a brain could see that it has nothing to do with race but rather had to do with someone not being able to follow simple instructions. The sad thing is you could see failure on them a mile away and nobody could help them because they couldn’t help themselves. Is that systematic racism? Because that seems to be what some would allude to. Now I’ll switch gears and weigh in on the work place. I have seen first hand on multiple occasions while interviewing candidates(team of people) for jobs where a more qualified white person was passed up for lesser qualified minority candidate. Have seen it with hires off the street and for internal promotions on numerous occasions. I have also witnessed white employees wrote up and disciplined for lesser infractions then that of minority’s, some of which get away with a lot more. I have also seen a minority employee terminated on what most would consider good grounds only to see that person file and win a successful arbitration and later a lawsuit (group of individuals for that matter and won) that a white person would never have a chance at. I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist but I know what I have seen first hand and minority’s have more opportunity then anyone in this county period. You can post all the cute videos you want. But right now if you’re a minority and you fail it’s no other fault then that individual or his/her parents for not doing their job. My grandparents were literally dirt floor poor and raised 4 kids in a one bedroom wooden shack. My grandad worked his arse off so my dad could graduate high school and my dad worked his off so I could have a chance to go to college. It’s not white privilege it’s hard work and sacrificing.
                            Last edited by KNP16; 09-21-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                              What kind of fantasy world do you live in? First, I suspect you don't even understand what a straw man argument is, maybe facts either. What you believe is no more fact than what I believe.

You and a few others here like to ignore whatever you either can't or won't comprehend and seize upon your favorite talking points from your favorite political sources of news and information.

You are correct on one point though, it is a complex issue and if your interpretation is that I pointed to "systemic racism" as the cause or root cause of any of these problems, again I have to challenge your comprehension skills.

I'm guessing you agreed with that comment by RiverRat1, too - "If he can't see poor people for what they are then his mind is made up." Let's explore that for a moment since he likes to call out anyone who disagrees with his POV.

What are they? Would love to hear that definition.

If you want to pretend racism is not a burden on Black people or that they are all imagining this, that is your prerogative. I don't and I think there are a whole lot of us a little too silent on the issue - which contributes to it's lingering effects.

I can't control or influence what black people do, think or feel. But I can be anti-racism - which I try to be. That includes not being offended that they don't see the world as I do. And not assuming that because they are black and frustrated makes them part of the left wing craziness and the Marxist BLM group.

Also, In case you were wondering, New Orleans is up 3-0 over Las Vegas on MNF and its still scoreless in the Stars vs Lightning game 2 of the NHL Finals. Gotta go again and it has nothing do with your next round of "facts" or insults.

You didn’t address a single one of my arguments... just made claims that I don’t understand, without any proof of me being wrong in the first place. Anti-racism.... really? You really have swallowed the whole critical race theory crap hook, line, and sinker.

You can’t make an evidence based argument because your argument isn’t based on them. It is based on emotion and white guilt. That’s why you try to throw one liners in, make broad generalizations you think shield you from being proven wrong, and bail.

Comment

I'm getting real tired of this systematic racist BS!!!
                                NFL supports it and that's a big problem for me.

Both sets of grandparents and their forefathers worked the dirt. One side landed off a typhoid ship in Galveston and lived in dugouts the first winter in the hill country. Freat Great grandma buried off santa domingo thrown overboard when she died at sea.
                                After established, some of relatives were captured by the confederates to fight and others drove supply trains for the union, but overall we supported the union.
                                According to the family ship charter we came to Texas for freedom of religion.
                                The other side of the family was panhandle farmers. My mom slept in a drawer during the dust bowl black Sunday in the Texas panhandle with a wet cloth over to keep the dirt off, wore shoes to school with the toes cut off. Uncle rode the bus with Waylon Jennings who was a thief and never returned a nickel he borrowed - some trivia.
                                I could ramble on and on about how our family worked hard through tough times but I'm sure there’s many others on this forum with similar histories

Where's the social injustice they're talking about? Did our families harm them? And the reparations , I don't want any of their f'in money, why do they want mine ?
                                Why do I owe them anything? Trust me I wasn't privileged. I am Blessed in the USA. I never owned a slave. I was never prejudice. I've worked elbow to elbow with blacks while working my way through college, some were good people.
                                The damage obama/holden did to this country breeding hate is still living on. Congratulations obama

And now they've sucked this crap into football and other sports, a non political event where all sides could sit down and enjoy the game at one time.
                                Why do you think they did it? Ever ask yourself this?
                                I don’t understand anyone who sits back and enjoy’ s the game with a beer while they slam and denigrate our countries roots.
                                What’s more important, your kids and grand kids future or this f'in game?
                                Guess you can tell I know longer watch the cowgirls.

Comment

Working...
                                X