Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys got trounced in their first game..
    17-4..
    Wheels came off when they couldnt defend good hitting...

Comment

Man that is a tough one. I don't mind loosing in big events as lo ng as they are competitive. It happens at all ages - hope the bounce back game is a win.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Boys got trounced in their first game..
        17-4..
        Wheels came off when they couldnt defend good hitting...
        Rough loss, but I bet they will forget it and plug on! Good luck to them moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Playing right now..
          Usssalive.com

Really like this format and media
          Kids feeling like big leaguers
          Sounds cool, but man that's a big stage for 9u kids. Honestly glad my boy's teams were AA at 9 and AAA now at 10 & 13!

Comment

Nah..they are having fun with it..... this is a invite only tourney they earned based on their record and teams theyve played .. more of a true world series.. tough tough teams...

They got beat 4-3 second game .
            Got another one at 6..

Comment

our old team went 1-1, i dont think they play again till tomorrow.

Comment

Misread schedule ..their next game is tomorrow evening..

Comment

For those in the Houston area

Houston Heat Baseball is holding fall tryouts for ages 13/14U on August 2nd. Ages 7/11/12 on August 3rd.

We are an established high school select baseball program that is looking to add younger age teams to the program.

Link below will take you to team website, click on the tryout information picture to get signed up.

Comment

Kid has one to throw tonight in Mellisa and then next week one in Waco. He throws at 6 tonight and we just pulled in and car is showing 100*

Comment

Just rolled in after 14 day, over 3,600 miles and three tourneys in Houston, Fort Myers and Atlanta. Spent the last 7 days in Atlanta at the Perfect Game 15U/2022 WWBA Championships. 312 teams in 39 pools, pool winners make it to bracket play.

We were 5 and 1 going into our last pool game and a win put us into bracket play. Coach gave my son the ball and he showed out against the 2nd highest run scoring team in our pool. 4 innings, 1 hit, no walks and 7 K's on 4 different pitches. We won it in a run rule.

We beat the East Cobb Astros In the 1st round of brackets then ran into our parent club's national team who we had given up our short stop to for the week. We had the same situation in June at the Wilson Premiere West and lost to them 3 to 2 after having the tie run on 3rd in the last inning. This go round we were simply out of pitching. Ended up losing 8 to 0. The National team went on to win going 12 and 0 scoring 113 runs and giving up 8.

We made it down to the final 32 of 312 teams and boys played their hearts out. Great experience and I am sure a lot of the boys got on some college radars.

Here is a little clip of my son's 7 K performance:

Last edited by TXJIM; 07-19-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Good stuff Jim. I have done Atlanta for the last time. Great event with exposure but traffic is worst I’ve ever sat in

Comment

Awesome stuff Jim!

Kids are at church camp this week so wife and i took the rig to the lake for a nearcation at a tiny obscure rv park on the top of the lake.
                          Parked next to a family whose travelling doing the Vtool tournaments at premier and sam houston.
                          Crazy.
                          Last edited by systemnt; 07-20-2019, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Great stuff Jim. Your boy looks like a grown man on the bump! My boys have been hitting 1 day a week and that's about it for ball. They do some band work and a yoga video 3-4 days a week. The oldest goes to highschool next year and has been doing summer school workouts. Hopefully we gain alittle mobility and strength this summer.

Comment

Any suggestions on throwing drills for a big awkward 11 year old? Lol. My youngest just cant seem to figure throwing out. He constantly drops his arm, pushes the ball, or flies open. I've tried everything and he's pretty frustrated with it as well. Also because of his mechanics he has one of the weakest arms on the team. Just looking to see if there is a "magic" drill you guys know about for when we start throwing again.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                                Any suggestions on throwing drills for a big awkward 11 year old? Lol. My youngest just cant seem to figure throwing out. He constantly drops his arm, pushes the ball, or flies open. I've tried everything and he's pretty frustrated with it as well. Also because of his mechanics he has one of the weakest arms on the team. Just looking to see if there is a "magic" drill you guys know about for when we start throwing again.
                                Have you had him work on pull downs? Aka, crow hops or running throws. Get him moving and throwing for distances. It will teach him to use his whole body to throw and take the emphasis off his arm. Get him good and warm then have him try to launch a few from a running start as far as he can chunk it. Only a few throws like this at a time to start until he builds some strength. Once he starts recruiting his whole body to throw the arm will fall in line

Comment

Working...
                                X