Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity

Comment

Had a double wide carport put in. Have my old camp trailer in one side and the other side for shade and staying out of the weather. Cleaning station with winches, tables, concrete floors, water and a roof is mighty nice too. Those carports will keep that hot Texas sun from destroying your camper. A really nice metal fire pit with attached foot rests can be an asset as well.

Comment

Hot water heater at the cleaning station. Game changer...

Comment

we barely get phone signal but one of the dudes put in a booster with a wireless converter... now we have camp wide wi-fi and can stream netflix or whatever to everyone's TV's in their trailers, and also set up wireless security cameras to monitor the WB traffic.

Comment

Cleaning station was a big plus. (A-Frame with wenches and shelf) Also get you a Propane Turkey fryer with a pot to make hot water for cleaning knifes, hands, dishes etc. Biggest upgrade this year was a battery powered sawzall for cutting hip, no more back saw or loppers when quartering animals. Outdoor bench, table, heck we had a wire spool for a while.

Comment

Besides the obvious of water and electricity what I really enjoy is a big covered community area and good lighting. This sounds silly but the best thing we have done is set up a sink with hot water at it in the community area and it is wonderful.

Comment

We are on a lease with no electricity or water, so we improvised. We run generators for all electric, I wired everything and have a plug to plug generator in for power. For outside, we built a “Bull Shed” with a covered fire pit to hang out in. It rain is a ton up there, so covered is a must. This past fall, we built an outdoor kitchen, to reduce food smells on our cabin. I’ll try to post some pics in a few.

Comment

Here’s a couple of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carport.
                    Carpet for the camp area
                    Nice sturdy picnic table.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                      Here’s a couple of pictures.

Need more pictures if the "bull shed". Mostly the fire pit.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s one, most have food cooking.

Comment

Container

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                            Build you a rain catch. Fill your tanks with rain.

I have about 2400 gallons on my place, stays full for thr most part

I’d like to do this as well. Did you just hang gutters? I have a 24x36 barn that I would think would catch enough water to keep my tanks fairly full.

Comment

Outhouse was the best thing we had done to the camp. Saves a lot of emptying the ports potty

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                                I’d like to do this as well. Did you just hang gutters? I have a 24x36 barn that I would think would catch enough water to keep my tanks fairly full.

24x36 is plenty big. I just have gutters that are piped into a large tank. That has a over flow into a 900gal tank. The pump is plumbed to both.
                                We use water like we are at the house. No issues of running low yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X