No announcement yet.

Best deer camp upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple luxury is to put down old carpet around the camp outside where all the foot traffic takes place. This keeps all the mud from being tracked everywhere when it rains and keeps a solid path to walk on. Trust me. and a simple boot cleaner

Comment

I miss having an out house with a shower/hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Electricity & water 1 and 1A
        Rv or mobile home.
        Connex storage container for atvs and mules
        Rock LOTS of rock as others have mentioned. We have dumped 5 loads and need 2 more!

Our next major add will be a mud room to take mud and snake boots, coats and other things on and off and out of the way. We will add it to the front door area of our mobile home. It would help a lot of cleaning and space issues. Probably going to buy a portable building of some kind.

Comment

For the first nine years we had the first picture minus the dozer work. Then we got spoiled!
          Attached Files

Comment

Something that is cheap and makes a camp a lot more enjoyable is a set of those string party lights hung up in a couple of the oaks by our camper. Adds a bit of ambient light to the general camp area so you don't have to have a headlamp on all the time to see where you're going whenever your'e not right by the fire.

Comment

Best deer camp upgrades

“Carport”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-15-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Water and a shower!

Comment

Hot water and shower. The water heater went out this season and it was surely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                    Something that is cheap and makes a camp a lot more enjoyable is a set of those string party lights hung up in a couple of the oaks by our camper. Adds a bit of ambient light to the general camp area so you don't have to have a headlamp on all the time to see where you're going whenever your'e not right by the fire.
                    This gets my vote. That and a nice skinning rack with boat cranks and lights. Since it’s your first year on the lease I’d be cautious as to spending a lot of money or doing anything to permanent. Never really know how it is till you try it for a year. Congratulations on the new place!

Comment

Bidet. lol

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                        Bidet. lol

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                        That's what wipes are for, lol.

Comment

Hot shower

Warm place to get into

A butane cook top

The best bed you can muster

A place to poop

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dang, you guys do a lot of “ permanent “ type stuff for a lease situation. Do you just leave it when you leave the lease ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                Dang, you guys do a lot of “ permanent “ type stuff for a lease situation. Do you just leave it when you leave the lease ?

My thoughts as well. A lot of money that would be hard to recover if the lease is lost.

Not knocking it though, to each their own. Some of the setups are top notch!

Comment

Working...
                                X